Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Sexual Assault
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Communication Skills Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Relational Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.lorilldrummund.com
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#0921) working in BC since 1994 as a therapist, group facilitator, and instructor. My primary focus is working with couples to break through their negative relationship patterns, and develop the healthy, intimate relationships they want. I also work with individuals on healing traumatic wounds, whether from childhood abuse or some other critical life event.
Whether the issue is constant arguing, feeling disconnected from each other, recovering from an affair or other betrayal, I work in a caring, in-depth way to help people resolve their relationship problems and create the love, security, and trusting connection they long for.
I am Certified in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, which is rated as being the most effective form of couple therapy. I am continually upgrading within this field. I have also previously completed levels 1 and 2 of the Gottman Method Couples Therapy, as well as one day seminars in other marital therapies. As I listen to couples with compassion, I bring an understanding of the real root cause of relationship problems to the therapy process.
I also hold the designation of Therapist Certified in EMDR, a method used to treat PTSD, and other traumas, such as assault. The challenging life experiences that clients have brought to me, and successfully resolved, include childhood abuse, sexual assault, medical trauma, family violence, prolonged grief, anxiety, and accidents. I bring a degree of maturity and balance to all my counselling relationships.
I offer a free, confidential 10-minute consultation with no commitment required.
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist - certified by International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Certified Therapist in EMDR - current certification by EMDRIA from 2018