Areas of practice
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth
- Postpartum Depression
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Women's Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:jenatharani.com
Relationship Counselling (for individuals or couples) with Jena is for you if you:
- Struggle to communicate effectively in your relationship
- Are struggling with a specific issue or a general sense of dissatisfaction/loneliness
- Would like to heal from a betrayal but aren't sure how
- Wonder if you and your partner are too different to have a successful relationship
- Feel alone or undervalued in your relationship
- Hold resentment toward your partner for something that happened long ago, or for no apparent reason
- Have a new baby or young child and are struggling with parenting/relationship issues since the transition
- Have issues in your sex life - lack of desire, desire gap/differences in sex drive, trouble connecting intimately, etc.
- Are looking for premarital counselling
- Want to set your relationship up for success before committing further
- Are single and want to heal old wounds/break old patterns so you can have a better next relationship
- Would like to have more fun in your relationship
- Are in the aftermath of an affair
- Want help separating in a respectful and mindful way
- Are not sure if you should stay or leave your relationship
- Are separating from your partner and would like support to make the transition as kind and productive as possible
- Want to work on your relationship with yourself so you can thrive in all areas of life
I can see you individually or with your partner. I use Emotionally Focused Therapy, which research shows to be the most effective couples therapy by far.
Our work together aims to help you understand yourself and your partner better, learn to communicate in a more effective way, build a foundation of safety and trust, and heal wounds, creating more space for fulfillment and joy.
Therapy certainly addresses serious issues, but my strengths-based approach often leaves clients feeling refreshed and connected.
I see clients in my Burnaby location (where there is space to physically distance) or via Zoom Pro.
If you're struggling with your relationship, or would like a better next relationship, please reach out. I'd love to help you get back on track to creating a satisfying and fulfilling love life!
Client fee individuals:$160 + gst per 50-minute session
Client fee couples/families:$160 + gst per 50-minute session, $240 + gst per 75-minute session