- Plaintext email only
- Never ask a client to go someplace you are unwilling to go yourself. Jason has engaged in years of therapy and self-work.
- The true mark of courage is to bring into awareness that which was previously unaware. Jason has experienced the creative way the mind uses to defend itself against the true nature of existence. Defense mechanisms such as denial or avoidance are common and sometimes remain long after needed.
- The client is the best qualified to make decisions around their life path. Jason strongly believes that to make decisions, or give advice, ultimately retards individual empowerment and simultaneously erodes their right to dignity. You will not be labeled, judged, or stigmatized working with Jason.
- Services are offered to everyone regardless of gender, culture, status, income, ability, age, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
- There are no rights and wrongs in working with Jason. There is healthy or unhealthy ways of thinking, feeling, and acting.
*NOW ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS, CASH, CHEQUE, OR E-TRANSFER
Some Information about the work
Clients present a number of problem areas, or life issues. Jason has experience working with issues related to depressed mood, mood fluctuation, anger & stress management, and new medical diagnosis (cancer or HIV). Victims of crime, abuse, trauma (PTSD), and those suffering with Internet addiction frequently enter into therapy with Jason.
Maybe you're struggling with Socio-cultural / Value related issues like: Communication Issues / Self esteem & self image issues / Relationship Issues / Family of Origin Issues / Issues related to sexual Identity & Coming out / Suicide & Crisis.
Together, you and Jason will work collaboratively to explore your inner world (your experiences, values, beliefs, sense of self, choices, culture, emotions, response etc). Through this safe and genuine process you will gain new awareness and skills to cope more effectively with yourself and others. Behavior modification and sustainable life-change through awareness building of your own process are combined with individual and clearly stated goals for treatment. These rebuild your sense of hope & resilience.
Psychology has come a long way since lying on Dr. Freud’s couch. Jason prefers to use techniques proven to be effective through research. Cognitive behavior therapy, Imago therapy, Gotman couples therapy, narrative therapy, and Jungian analysis are some of the approaches used. Other cases call for a more individual approach. Existential technique, Dream analysis, soul work, mindfulness, and meditative approaches have proven themselves as enlightening and clinically useful.
Entering into therapy is a healthy choice but also a big one. Clients have commented how comfortable they feel talking with him and how he seems to know exactly what questions to ask. When your ready make the choice to enter into this process your welcome to explore Jason’s website or contact him by telephone at 604-614-8121. Jason is grateful to you for taking the time to explore this page and is excited to begin the important work.
Client Fee Individuals:
Client Fee Couples/Families:
For further information, visit Jason Lehmann's website.
Jason Lehmann is a registered clinical counsellor who holds a M.A. in counselling psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology. He sees clients in the Vancouver Block building located at Granville st. & W. Georgia. Jason has approximately 3000 direct client hours and contunues to develop professionally.
Jason’s experiences and education have informed five cardinal rules that guide his practice: