Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Death and Dying
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Grief and Loss - Pets
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Self-Esteem Issues
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Family Systems
- Grief and Loss - Complicated.
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- Shame Counselling & Therapy
- Spiritual Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://sunandcloudscounselling.com/
We are all human and, as humans, we all experience loss and change. With any loss or life change comes conflicting emotions.
Grief, or conflicting emotions, can result from losing a loved one, losing a pet, changing careers, moving to a different city/country, getting married, having a child, losing a child… the list goes on. There are about 40+ common life events that involve loss, and then there are intangible losses — losing a sense of safety, losing trust, losing faith, or losing hopes, dreams, and expectations.
Grief can also take many forms. It can be profound love that causes unbearable pain, loneliness, and isolation. It can feel like longing for something you never had. It can show up as resistance to unwanted change. It might feel like anger and resentment. It can even appear in our bodies in different ways, similar to stress and trauma.
Regardless of the form your grief takes, it’s normal. As a guide, I’m here to help you navigate your grief journey.
I started Sun & Clouds Counselling after completing my graduate education at UBCO and receiving advanced training at the Grief Recovery Institute. Prior to that, I worked with individuals of all ages who were neurodivergent (e.g., Autism, ADHD) and struggled with mental health (e.g., Anxiety, Depression), helping them in their academic and/or vocational pursuits.
Now, I work with people who:
- have a suspected, recent, or late diagnosis of Autism and/or ADHD
- have a partner and/or a child who is Autistic and/or ADHD
- are grieving for various reasons (e.g., life change, chronic pain, loss of a loved one)
- want to become more comfortable with their uncomfortable emotions
Aside from grief, loss, neurodivergence, and mental health, my other areas of focus include shame and guilt, attachment, and family dynamics. My approach is collaborative, warm, client-centered, and truth-centered.
What you can expect from our time together:
- space to share your story, your pain, and your loss(es) as I listen and learn how I can help
- time to acknowledge pain and loss while discovering ways of moving through grief
- tools to help you process and see your experiences, losses, and relationships in a new way
- support to find hope, purpose, meaning, and joy in life again
Client fee individuals:$150.00 + GST
Client fee couples/families:$185.00 + GST