Areas of practice
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Stress Management
- Communication Skills Training
- Integral Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.janfleming.ca
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with 20 years of experience as a therapist helping people improve the quality of their lives. With my unique combination of training and experience I help people see their lives more clearly and create more of what they want.
WHAT I OFFER:
When we have the right kind of support and resources, we move naturally into thriving. I help people clarify and shift old patterns, build on strengths, and create meaningful and sustainable change.
My areas of practice include:
- Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Personal Growth – enhancing overall quality of life
- Relationship Improvement – with partner, family, friends, coworkers
- Life Transitions – mid-life, relationship, work, and other transitions
- Singles Counselling
- Spiritual Issues and Meditative Practice
- Clinical Supervision
HOW I WORK:
My foundation is one of groundedness, clarity, kindness, warmth and joy. With my experience in somatic/integrative work and spiritual practice, I help people to learn how to release the holding from past challenges and limiting beliefs. I work with a variety of approaches for an integrated way of working that is unique to each person’s needs.
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT): Often the pieces holding us back are from past experiences that are held in the nervous system. SRT is a simple and effective approach using your own awareness in order to grow resiliency, release holding, reduce anxiety and have greater ease, joy and connection.
- Wholeheartedness: I use an integrated approach that includes emotional, mental, physical and spiritual aspects to increase resiliency and sustainable well-being in all areas of life.
- Spiritual practice: When we can be centered and grounded, we can be aware of our experience from a more clear and solid foundation. My years of experience in meditation and spiritual practice offers a foundation for navigating life's challenges with wholeness and wellness.
- Coaching: For a forward thinking approach to achieving specific goals, coaching can be a direct and effective way of working. Although both therapy and coaching have goals, coaching focuses on specific achievements the self-awareness and steps required to achieve them, whereas therapy includes working through past events that shaped your awareness and beliefs, leading to desired life changes.
- Groups: I will be offering groups in 2021, focusing on specific topics or issues.
- Clinical Supervision: I provide individual and group clinical supervision for therapists.
- Skype /Video Sessions: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic I am currently only working remotely.
I received a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in 2000. Since 2001 I have been practicing as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). I have a B.Sc.(Hons) in Biology from Queen’s University and graduate training in Medical Genetics.
I completed Self Regulation Therapy practitioner training in 2005 and have 20 years of extensive spiritual and meditation practice training and teaching. With a passionate dedication to learning and excellence, I continue to pursue further education and skill development that inform my counselling and coaching work.
My practice is currently full and I am not taking on new clients for individual counselling.
I will be offering groups remotely in 2021. If you are interested in working with me in this way and would like to put your name on the list, contact me and let me know. I will contact you when the next group is being planned with information about it and we can arrange a conversation to see if it's a good fit.