Areas of practice
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Stress Management
- Communication Skills Training
- Integral Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.janfleming.ca
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with 20 years of experience as a therapist helping people improve the quality of their lives. With my unique combination of training and experience I help people see their lives more clearly and create more of what they want.
WHAT I OFFER:
When we have the right kind of support and resources, we move naturally into thriving. I help people clarify and shift old patterns, build on strengths, and create meaningful and sustainable change.
My areas of practice include:
- Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Personal Growth – enhancing overall quality of life
- Relationship Improvement – with partner, family, friends, coworkers
- Life Transitions – mid-life, relationship, work, and other transitions
- Spiritual Issues and Meditative Practice
- Clinical Supervision
HOW I WORK:
My foundation is one of groundedness, clarity, kindness, warmth and joy. With my experience in somatic/integrative work and spiritual practice, I help people to learn how to release the holding from past challenges and limiting beliefs. I work with a variety of approaches for an integrated way of working that is unique to each person’s needs.
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT): Often the pieces holding us back are from past experiences that are held in the nervous system. SRT is a simple and effective approach using your own awareness in order to grow resiliency, release holding, reduce anxiety and have greater ease, joy and connection.
- Wholeheartedness: I use an integrated approach that includes emotional, mental, physical and spiritual aspects to increase resiliency and sustainable well-being in all areas of life.
- Spiritual practice: When we can be centered and grounded, we can be aware of our experience from a more clear and solid foundation. My years of experience in meditation and spiritual practice offers a foundation for navigating life's challenges with wholeness and wellness.
- Coaching: For a forward thinking approach to achieving specific goals, coaching can be a direct and effective way of working. Although both therapy and coaching have goals, coaching focuses on specific achievements the self-awareness and steps required to achieve them, whereas therapy includes working through past events that shaped your awareness and beliefs, leading to desired life changes.
- Groups: I will be offering groups in 2021, focusing on specific topics or issues.
- Clinical Supervision: I provide individual and group clinical supervision for therapists.
- Skype /Video Sessions: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic I am currently only working remotely.
I received a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in 2000. Since 2001 I have been practicing as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). I have a B.Sc.(Hons) in Biology from Queen’s University and graduate training in Medical Genetics.
I completed Self Regulation Therapy practitioner training in 2005 and have 20 years of extensive spiritual and meditation practice training and teaching. With a passionate dedication to learning and excellence, I continue to pursue further education and skill development that inform my counselling and coaching work.
My practice is currently full and I am not taking on new clients for individual counselling.