Areas of practice
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Professional Burnout
- Stress Management
- Communication Skills Training
- Integral Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Skype/Video Counselling
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with over 15 years of experience as a therapist helping people improve the quality of their lives. With my unique combination of training and experience I help people see their lives more clearly and create more of what they want.
WHAT I OFFER:
When we have the right kind of support and resources, we move naturally into thriving. I help people clarify and shift old patterns, build on strengths, and create meaningful and sustainable change.
My areas of practice include:
- Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- Personal Growth – enhancing overall quality of life
- Relationship Improvement – with partner, family, friends, coworkers
- Life Transitions – mid-life, relationship, work, and other transitions
- Burnout Prevention and Recovery
- Singles Counselling
- Spiritual Issues and Meditative Practice
- Clinical Supervision
HOW I WORK:
My foundation is one of groundedness, clarity, kindness, warmth and joy. With my experience in somatic/integrative trauma work and mindful spiritual practice, I help people to learn how to release the holding from past challenges and limiting beliefs. I work with a variety of approaches to create an integrated way of working that is unique to each person’s needs.
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT): Often the pieces holding us back are from overwhelming past experiences that are held in the nervous system. SRT is a simple and effective approach to work with your own awareness in order to grow resiliency, release holding, reduce anxiety and have greater ease, joy and connection.
- Wholeheartedness: I use an integrated approach that includes emotional, mental, physical and spiritual aspects to increase resiliency and sustainable well-being in all areas of life.
- Meditation and Mindfulness Approaches: When we can be centered and grounded, we can be aware of our experience from a more clear and solid foundation. I work with those who are interested to develop mindfulness and meditative practices.
- Coaching: For those who want a more structured and specific approach to achieving goals, coaching can be a direct and effective way of working. Coaching is distinct from therapy in that although both are working toward goals, coaching focuses on specific achievements and the steps required to achieve them. Alternatively, therapy focuses on processing and shifting your awareness and beliefs, leading to desired life changes.
- Clinical Supervision: I provide individual and group clinical supervision for therapists.
- Skype /Video Sessions: Available for those who travel or can’t always attend in person.
I received a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in 2000. Since 2001 I have been practicing as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). I have a B.Sc.(Hons) in Biology from Queen’s University and graduate training in Medical Genetics.
I completed Self Regulation Therapy practitioner training in 2005 and have 17 years of extensive meditation practice and teaching. With a passionate dedication to learning and excellence, I continue to pursue further education and skill development as a therapist.
Client fee individuals:$135 including tax
Client fee couples/families:$135 including tax