Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Child Development
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Conflict
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sexual Assault
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Heather Webster (she/her) is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). She holds a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology from the University of British Columbia and has experience working with children, youth, adults, parents and families in counselling, education and crisis-intervention roles. She combines a warm, accepting and trauma-informed approach with a passion for supporting individuals and families to grow and thrive through life’s many challenges and transitions. She has worked for both agency and non-profit organizations as a therapist for adults, teens, children and families.
Heather’s counselling practice is inclusive and collaborative and always honours the individual as the expert in their own life. She has received post-graduate training in the treatment of trauma and works with clients who present with a variety of issues including:
- anxiety and depression
- trauma, including sexual abuse, systemic and domestic violence
- relationship challenges
- grief and loss
- parenting and family life challenges
- individual and family life transitions
To meet the needs of each client Heather has an eclectic skill set including training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for trauma and relational injury (Level II training), Child-Centered Play Therapy, Sand Play Therapy, CBT, DBT and mindfulness. Heather embraces and values the richness of diversity in all forms. She does ongoing training and peer supervision to understand the unique challenges faced by clients who experience systemic, institutional and colonial injustice.
Heather is no stranger to the joys and messiness of family and relational living. She is the mother of three adult children, a daughter, a partner, and a life-long learner and explorer. In her spare time, she loves to dance, play the piano and spend time in nature. As a lover of nature, she recognizes the stewardship of this land by the Tseil-Waututh, Musqueam and Squamish nations upon who’s traditional and unceded homelands we live and work.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Trauma and Relational/Developmental injuries. A body centred therapeutic process for working through trauma and relational injuries.
- Play therapy, parenting and coparenting after separation.
Client fee individuals:165.00
Client fee couples/families:180.00