Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Divorce and/or Separation
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Performance Enhancement
- Personal Growth
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR)
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.geoffwilliamscounselling.com
ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS THROUGH ZOOM AND IN-PERSON!
My name is Geoff Williams and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor and Registered Clinical Social Worker. I have a BA in Psychology from the University of Victoria, a BEd from the University of Toronto, an MSW from Wilfrid Laurier University and an MA in Native History from UNBC. My background includes English, Scottish, Welsh, and St'at'imc (Statlee-um) ancestry. I work with all ages and backgrounds to create a safe space where you can see your personal concerns from a new perspective and discover new possibilities. It takes courage to engage with therapy and self improvement and it is my privilege to help you build the life you want.
I specialize in performance enhancement and personal growth so you can reach your goals at home, at work, and in sports. I also specialize in areas essential to living your life fully, including relationship issues, healthy boundaries & communication, work/life balance, and services for depression and anxiety. My approach includes Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, a new way of putting your challenges in context and tools for handling painful feelings and thoughts so you can be happier and more successful in any area of life. I also use Somatic Experiencing and EMDR to remove mental blocks. If needed, I provide formal diagnosis and treatment for mental health disorders if these are getting in the way of your life or performance. Most importantly, I prioritize our therapeutic relationship and connection for the change you need.
Additionally I have experience in addictions residential treatment. This is useful for those struggling with alcohol or cocaine that is destroying relationships, career goals, and athletic focus. I have also worked in mental health treatment providing self-defense skills for people dealing with a narcissist or sociopath. Sometimes we are hurt by those closest to us, and supporting those with a current or ex husband, wife, girlfriend, or boyfriend who has cheated or had an affair is one of my specialties. It is so essential to be understood and to have skills and new directions that actually work. That is why safe boundaries and assertiveness skills are such an important part of what I offer.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with Russ Harris.
- EMDR. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Levels 1 & 2, EMDRIA certified
- Somatic Experiencing Levels 1 & 2, Somatic Experiencing International certified.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Intensive, Intensive through David Burns.
Client fee individuals:150