Areas of practice
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Child Stress and Trauma
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Play Therapy
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:https://www.rockspringcounselling.com/
MA, R.C.C. (#19056)
As an immigrant from the eastern world, I am dedicated to bridging my own culture with the West, and I am passionate about helping clients explore the meaning of their relationships and lives.
Holding a client-centered stance, I utilize systemic and evidence-based approaches to engage, empower, and support clients for their desired change. Also, I am in awe of the power of spirituality during the process of change.
I believe that clients are experts in their own lives, and they possess an innate ability to discover a better source of solutions. I strive to co-create safe and collaborative therapeutic spaces for individuals and families to heal and thrive.
I implement effective psychotherapy methods to instill self-understanding among clients and encourage them to adopt new attitudes and feelings towards life situations.
It is essential to keep in mind that therapy is not a magic pill or a quick fix: therapy is a healing process that necessitates participation and investment from the client and caretaker alike. But in the end, making small changes to self-defeating behavior and coping with feelings of sadness, fear, and pain can bring life-altering results.
- Gottman Couples therapy Level 1 & 2 certificate (US)
- Applied suicide intervention Skills Training (ASIST) certificate (Canada wide)
- Internal Family System Training for dealing with Trauma (US)
- Child play therapy training for dealing with anxiety for young children
- Conflict mediation certificate (Canada BC)
Client fee individuals:$130/50-minute session, free initial phone consultation
Client fee couples/families:$150/50-minute session