Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- LGBTQ Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.compassionate-counselling.ca
Are you ready to finally start feeling “good enough”?
Your friends would probably be surprised if they knew how deeply you doubt yourself. They might be surprised at how shaky you often feel, how quickly you can lose faith in yourself and in your competence. How concerned you often are that others will reject you if you displease them. That somehow, a part of you never quite feels that you are good enough, just as you are.
You have surely found ways of managing these anxious, self-critical doubts. Maybe you spend your life in your head, constantly worrying and preparing for bad things that almost never happen. Maybe you say “no” to exciting growth opportunities, so that you can avoid failing. Maybe you avoid social situations in which you think you may not fit in. Maybe you stay totally focused on meeting other people’s needs, at the expense of meeting your own.
Regardless of how you’ve learned to cope, your anxious, self doubts have likely been getting out of hand lately. If so, you might be:
- having consistent feelings of low mood
- feeling constantly worried or “on edge”
- feeling anxious in social situations
- constantly “people pleasing”, always giving while other people are always taking
- feeling held back from getting what you want in your life, either at home or at work
I know what this kind of suffering feels like.
Fifteen years ago I went through a very difficult period. I was constantly anxious. I felt depressed a lot of the time. I was really focused on “people pleasing”, on putting other people’s needs and standards ahead of my own.
Over time, I have found ways to lessen my self-doubts and to develop greater faith in, and acceptance of, myself.
This experience of healing inspired me to be a therapist, devoted to helping others to overcome this kind of suffering. I have completed a PhD in Counselling Psychology. I have also helped many clients to overcome the self-doubting, harsh attitudes that they were directing towards themselves, allowing them to start valuing and honoring the special gifts that they brought to the world.
My personal and professional learning has shown me that it is possible to transform this kind of suffering into a better, more positive way of being.
What if you could begin to live in a new way? A way that allows you:
- to come out from under the cloud of anxiety and depression so that you begin to feel good about who you are and more hopeful about your future
- to overcome your fear of failure, so that you can experience a deeper sense of purpose, passion, and vitality
- to continue being sensitive to other people, but while standing up for yourself and your own needs
If you would like support in overcoming anxious self-doubts than I would love to help. Contact me for a free 15-minute consultation.
Client fee couples/families:N/A