Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Cancer Care and Support
- Career Issues
- Job Transition
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Stress Management
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Spiritual Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://linktr.ee/colterlong
“Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King JR.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by anxiety or freeze when you’re trying to speak? Are you distressed by thoughts that keep you up at night? Do you ever dread waking up to the same routine? Do you get angry and regret what you say?
Anxiety, worry, depression, or stress can prevent us from enjoying the life we desire. What we think and feel can shape our reality, how we navigate the world, and also influence how others respond to us. This is because our thoughts, emotions, and behaviours are all connected and are constantly creating feedback loops – both positive and negative.
Sometimes life throws unexpected curveballs that trigger a downward spiral that (at the time) can feel impossible to recover from. Although difficult events can be destabilizing, confusing, and painful they can also offer us the greatest opportunity for growth.
The good news is that because our body, heart, and mind are all connected we have the power to transform challenges into triumphs. This means that positive changes (even minor ones) made in one area can have a profound impact across all domains of your well-being.
With me, you will learn evidence-based tools for enhancing resilience with a biopsychosocial approach. We will collaboratively set and achieve goals for designing a fulfilling life. Whether we focus on your career, relationships, or health – you will develop practical skills for transforming your thoughts and habits for sustainable, lifelong progress in all domains of your life.
- CVAP Approved Therapist
- Not taking clients outside of Canada
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Interned with Fraser Health Authority to facilitate clinical individual and group CBT.
- Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention: Former staff member of the BC Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention Centre.
- Therapeutic Enactment: Interned at the UBC Center for Group Counselling and Trauma to facilitate experiential trauma therapy.
- Spiritually-Integrative Counselling: Is a member of Thrive Clinic's integrative team specializing in somatic-intuitive healing approaches (see website for info).
- LGBTQ-Informed Coaching: Provided life coaching for self-identified gay men at Vancouver's Health Initiative for Men.
Client fee individuals:$140 / 50 minutes
Client fee couples/families:$170 / 50 minutes