Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Energy Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL COUNSELLING
- Relaxation Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:carolynheppnercounselling.com
Carolyn Heppner, B.A., M.Ed., RCC
Experience positive results much sooner than traditional therapy, through the use of modern techniques such as EMDR.
I offer counselling and therapeutic services for individuals, couples and groups in Maple Ridge BC.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from UBC.
I have extensive experience assisting clients with:
- Trauma including including assault, domestic violence and the effects of childhood abuse/neglect
- Anxiety / Panic / Phobias
- Prenatal and Postpartum issues including anxiety, depression, loss and grief
- Couples issues including marital/pre-marital counselling
I have advanced training and experience using EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) to treat a range of issues including Trauma, Complicated Grief, Phobias and more.
I also have experience helping clients struggling with a range of other difficulties including but not limited to Stress, Life transitions, Addictions, Chronic pain or tension, Loss/grief, Self Esteem, Identity (LGBTQ+ friendly), Interpersonal/Relationship problems.
When you feel safe, you can begin the journey of change and healing. When you feel encouraged and supported without judgment, you can continue creating the life you want and need. I work to empower you with the tools for overcoming your difficulties.
I draw from various evidence based therapeutic methods to create a structure for counselling that fits your concerns and needs.
Mind-body approaches include:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Conversational therapeutic approaches include:
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
I can also incorporate Creative Therapies including art, writing or music.
Carolyn Heppner Counselling is conveniently located in downtown Maple Ridge. I have a counselling office space in a wellness center that includes Massage Therapy, Yoga, and other wellness practitioners. It is a serene environment and a fantastic place to release stress and take care of your mind, body and soul.
I offer a free 15-minute no cost/no obligation phone consultation where we can explore your needs and goals for counselling and see if I am the right counsellor for you. I'd love to speak with you.
- EMDR Certification through EMDRIA (EMDR International Association)