Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Energy Psychotherapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Relaxation Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:carolynheppnercounselling.com
Carolyn Heppner, B.A., M.Ed., RCC
Specializing in Couples Therapy and EMDR
I believe in providing practical, individually tailored and accessible tools, emotional support and deeper understanding you can take from our sessions and apply in real life in order to overcome relationship difficulties, symptoms of trauma, anxiety or other life challenges. If you are struggling you don’t have to do this alone.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from UBC
Now offering Video Counselling. Many clients are not comfortable with in-person counselling at this time. I am offering an alternate option of video sessions to those individuals.
I have extensive experience assisting clients with:
- Couples issues including affairs/infidelity, intimacy and sexual difficulties, attachment issues, relationship enrichment as well as relationship transitions like new parenthood, empty nest/retirement, cohabitation and pre-marital counselling
- Trauma including including assault, domestic violence and the effects of childhood abuse/neglect
- Anxiety / Panic / Phobias
- Prenatal and Postpartum issues including anxiety, depression, loss and grief
I am a certified EMDR therapist and have advanced training plus extensive experience using EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) to treat a range of issues including Trauma, Anxiety, Phobias, Complicated Grief, Chronic pain, Addictions and more. I also have assisted clients struggling with a range of other difficulties including but not limited to Stress, Life transitions, Loss/grief, Self Esteem, Identity (LGBTQ2S+ friendly) and Interpersonal/Relationship problems
When you feel safe, you can begin the journey of change and healing.
My style is genuine and natural, I relate to my clients on a personal level and I have been told that I have a calming and genuine presence. Clients often express they feel comfortable and safe early on. This is important because in counselling we often talk about some of the most deeply personal or sensitive issues and feeling safe and understood by your counsellor helps to make the process easier. I believe that when you feel encouraged and supported without judgment, you can continue creating the life you want and need.
I provide a combination of practical tools and support in helping my clients find deeper understanding in order to allow for lasting change and resolution of their concerns.
I draw from various evidence based therapeutic methods to create a structure for counselling that fits your concerns and needs.
Conversational therapeutic approaches include:
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (Attachment based)
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
Mind-body approaches include:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Relaxation / Visualization / Mindfulness
I can also incorporate Creative Therapies including art, writing or music.
Carolyn Heppner Counselling is located in central Maple Ridge. I have a counselling office space in a wellness center that includes Massage Therapy, Yoga, and other wellness practitioners.
Please contact by email email@example.com
- EMDR Certification through EMDRIA (EMDR International Association)
- EMDR Certification goes beyond what is required to become an EMDR practitioner. Certification through EMDR's international body ensures sufficient training, supervision and experience.