Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Family Conflict
- Grief and Loss - General
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Welcome! I support individuals and couples through a wide range of challenging issues and specialize in culturally-sensitive Trauma treatment. I have extensive training and experience working with adult survivors of childhood abuse, trauma (of physical, combat, emotional, and/or sexual nature) survivors, inter-generational trauma survivors, immigrants and individuals navigating various life transitions, and individuals suffering from Depression, Anxiety, unprocessed Grief, emotional regulation difficulties, substance use problems, and/or PTSD. I also work closely with Indigenous communities and in the past I had the honour and privilege to learn from and serve to, on reserve, as a mental health therapist for First Nation communities in BC.
I believe that with safe, skilled, and compassionate support, sound knowledge from the bio-psycho-social approach, and effective tools and techniques, each one of us have remarkable ability to heal ourselves. Using a collaborative approach, I strive to create a warm and authentic relationship with my clients. I respectfully assist my clients to gain clarity and create lasting change as I walk alongside them toward their wellness goals.
You don't need to face challenges alone! Remaining non-judgmental, empathic, and sincere in my efforts to understand your experience, I draw from a wide range of effective and evidence-based theoretical approaches to tailor my services to your specific needs and goals. I welcome the opportunity to discuss how I can support you on your healing journey and I look forward to hearing from you.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC# 14886) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). I hold a Master's degree in Counselling Psychology from Adler University and have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Victoria.
- I am accepting new clients. Currently I am providing both In-person and Virtual (video) sessions. Please contact me for inquiries.
- I am registered with the FNHA as a mental health provider. If you have coverage by the FNHA for mental health services, I can direct bill for your counselling sessions. I am also registered with Sunlife/Lumino and Pacific Blue Cross.
Client fee individuals:55-minutes: $150 plus GST
Client fee couples/families:75-minutes: $210 plus GST