Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Satir Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.alexcharleton.com
Through Alex's own journey with mental health, she experienced firsthand the healing that is possible for anyone who feels suffocated by life. Alex's lived experiences motivated her to venture into the counselling field. Alex has dedicated herself to learning, growing, and developing a comprehensive framework for individuals to heal and improve their connections with self, other, and world. Her intention is to assist each client to access their deeper truth and authentic self. Together, she will help you examine and dismantle mental and emotional blocks, develop tools to decrease symptoms, cultivate self-awareness, and develop compassion to better listen to one's inner wisdom. Alex believes each person is the expert of their own experience and responsible for the change they wish to see.
Alex has nurturing yet firm energy, which allows her to hold gentle and accountable space for clients to grow and heal. Alex believes in a holistic approach to health; which includes understanding and supporting her clients in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual aspects of their life. At the forefront of her holistic framework, she connects with people through a trauma-informed, and strengths-based lens. Emotion-focused therapy, Satir family systems, existentialism, depth psychology and mindfulness-based approaches inform her work with clients. Alex believes we heal in relationships, which is why she puts great focus on building a strong therapeutic alliance with her clients. You can expect to be treated with compassion, respect, and patience when working with Alex.
- Alex has specialized training in eating disorder recovery and dedicates a lot of focus to understanding the emotional and psychological complexities of eating disorders.
Client fee individuals:$150
Client fee couples/families:$195