Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Family Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- School/Work Adjustment
- Self Harming Practices
- Sexual Assault
- Trauma Counselling
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.amieandersoncounselling.com
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING CLIENTS FOR EMDR THERAPY - Amie Anderson (She/Her) is a Registered Social Worker (RSW), Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and Clinical Supervisor holding a Masters Degree in Social Work from the University of British Columbia. Amie has over 15 years experience supporting a wide range of folks including high-school and university students, caregivers, health care professionals, frontline workers and inner city residents in her hometown of Vancouver, BC (the unceded territories of the Squamish, Musquem and Tsleil-Waututh Nations). Amie currently provides therapy and clinical supervision in the public health authority and online in her private practice: Amie Anderson & Associates Counselling Group.
Amie draws from evidenced-based therapeutic modalities chosen depending on her clients' needs and goals. These modalities include dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), eye-movement reprocessing and desensitization therapy (EMDR), emotion focused family therapy (EFFT) and other attachment-based modalities. Included in her approach, is a strong commitment to involving families and caregivers in the treatment process whenever possible. When she’s not working, Amie can often be found trail running or cycling in the North Shore mountains.
Amie is also an approved provider with the First Nations Health Authority and has extensive experience working with indigenous populations in Vancouver.
Areas of focus include:
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Teen Relational Issues
- Adolescent and Youth Mental Health
- Relationship Repair including Estrangement
- Depression & Anxiety
- Sports Performance
- Substance Use Issues
Amie has advanced training in multiple theoretical models which she draws from in her practice. These include emotionally focused therapy (EFT), dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), attachment theory, mindfulness and eye movement decensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) . Amie is dedicated to supporting individuals, families and couples improve their quality of life, reach their goals, process unresolved traumatic events, learn ways to cope through difficult emotions, repair old wounds and provide more effective caregiving to loved ones with mental health and addiction issues. She has held past and current positions at the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development, BC Children's Hospital and Foundry Vancouver Granville with St. Paul's Hospital. All sessions are held online.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) - EMDR is a modality used to treat symptoms related to trauma and adverse events including intergenerational trauma and PTSD.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - Amie is trained in and practices full-fidelity DBT in the public sector.
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy - Amie is a certified EFFT clinician and facilitates caregiver workshops several times annually
- Amie continues to advance her training regularly, specializing in trauma and attachment issues.
Client fee individuals:150
Client fee couples/families:165