Areas of practice
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self Harming Practices
- Stress Management
- Teen Adjustment Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.amieandersoncounselling.com
*Accepting new clients* - Amie Anderson received a Masters Degree in Social Work from UBC and is a Registered Social Worker (RSW) and Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC). She has worked with youth, individuals and families in Vancouver for the past 15 years and currently works for the public health authority while also holding a private practice. She is known to be a warm and genuinely compassionate therapist using solid evidenced based strategies to support the individuals and families she works with. She is especially skilled at connecting with young people who traditionally struggle with accessing help. Amie is also an approved provider with the First Nations Health Authority, if you have Status or a relative that attended residential school, you qualify for free counselling.
Areas of focus include:
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Child/Teen Relational Issues
- Adolescent and Youth Mental Health
- Family Strain
- Relationship Repair including Estrangement
- Depression & Anxiety
- Substance Use Issues
Amie has advanced training in multiple theoretical models which she draws from in her practice. These include emotion focused family therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, motivational interviewing, solution focused brief therapy, attachment theory, mindfulness and exposure therapy. Amie is dedicated to supporting individuals, youth, families and couples improve their quality of life, reach their goals, learn ways to cope through difficult emotions, repair old wounds and provide caregiving to loved ones with mental health and addiction issues. She has held past and current positions at the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development, BC Children's Hospital and Foundry Vancouver Granville with St. Paul's Hospital. All sessions are currently being held online.
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy - Amie is a certified EFFT clinician, receives clinical supervision and facilitates caregiver workshops several times annually.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - Amie has completed DBT Training and is a member of a DBT Consult Team in the public sector.
Client fee individuals:130
Client fee couples/families:130