Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Trauma Counselling
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.amieandersoncounselling.com
Amie Anderson received a Masters Degree in Social Work from the University of British Columbia and is a Registered Social Worker with the B.C. Association of Social Workers. She has worked with youth, individuals and families in Vancouver, BC for the past 15 years and practices primarily as a mental health and addictions clinician in public health services for youth and families. Areas of focus include:
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Child/Teen Relational Issues
- Adolescent and Youth Mental Health
- Family Strain
- Relationship Repair including Estrangement
- Depression & Anxiety
- Substance Use Issues
Amie has advanced training in multiple theoretical models which she draws from in her practice. These include emotion focused family therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, motivational interviewing, solution focused brief therapy, attachment theory, mindfulness and exposure therapy. Amie is a compassionate therapist who is dedicated to supporting individuals, youth and families improve their quality of life, reach their goals, learn ways to cope through difficult emotions, repair old wounds and caregiving loved ones with mental health and addiction issues. She has held past and current positions at the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development, BC Children's Hospital and Foundry Vancouver Granville with St. Paul's Hospital.
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy - Amie is a certified EFFT clinician, receives clinical supervision and facilitates caregiver workshops several times annually.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy - Amie has completed DBT Training and is a member of a DBT Consult Team in the public sector.
Client fee individuals:130
Client fee couples/families:130