Creativity, Grief and Loss - Pets Counsellors
Creativity, Grief and Loss - Pets
Expressive arts or creativity therapy uses art as a therapy. The end result is not always of great importance in art or creative arts therapy, but rather the process of creation. Imagination is a potent tool for healing, and in artistic therapy, there are many different ways for people to express themselves.
Therapists that use the artistic methods believe that creative expression taps into the imagination, allowing people to examine their emotions, feelings and even the body and thought processes. Some of the models used in creativity therapy, include dance, drama, psychodrama, music, art, horticulture, and writing.
Creative Arts therapy has the ability to foster healing, development and human growth.It can help a person of any age to reclaim their capacity for creative expression about individual and collective experiences in artistic form.
Through creativity expression, an experienced therapist will help you to manage emotional and physical problems, using a range of creative activities. Art therapy provides an avenue for the client to explore emotional conflicts and to increase self-awareness. Expression therapy helps a person to express unspoken and usually unconscious issues, allowing for those issues to be expressed in a safe, nurturing environment.
During therapy, the therapist and the client will move freely between the different models, preferring the intermodal approach to facilitate deeper exploration. It enables the therapist to explore a wide range of emotions through different art forms, from journaling, to painting, dancing, drama, poetry, phototherapy and a range of traditional artforms. Evidence has shown that it is helpful in a range of circumstances, from helping with emotions related to diagnosis of an illness, to dealing with grief or post traumatic stress disorder.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers creativity therapy to address your emotional issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Grief and loss of a beloved pet can be as traumatic as that of a human loved one, whether the pet had to be euthanized or died of natural causes. However, society tends to pour scorn on the fact that someone would publicly display their grief. In turn, the pet owner would try to hide the fact that they are grieving and that causes even more stress, which in turn delays the healing process.
Pets often become a part of the family and play a crucial role in the lives of their caretakers. They tend to soothe the emotional and physical healing processes of humans like nothing else can. Therapists understand that, and that's why they now make counselling services available to pet owners who are experiencing grief and loss.
It is common to feel pain, grief and depression at the death of your friend and confidant. A therapist who offers grief counselling for pet owners going through the loss of a beloved pet will have an empathetic approach to your emotions. He or she will help you discover practical ways in which you can deal with your emotions.
Communication is important, while expression is the key to healing. Whether you decide to opt for individual counselling or group therapy sessions, you will find that you are better able to deal with the loss of your dear pet with the help of therapy. It will help you work through your emotions of anger, loss and depression and in return, you will be able to also help other people who are going through the same experience.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers grief and loss issues therapies or counselling to address the loss of your pet and related issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Creativity filterCreativity
- (-) Remove Grief and Loss - Pets filterGrief and Loss - Pets
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Prenatal filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter