Trauma Counselling Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Trauma counselling can assist with a wide range of internal emotional reactions to devastating situations. Some people experience things as more traumatic than others, and therefore they will need help in coping the emotional burdens of an event or situation.
Stressful events such as death of a loved one, rape, abuse, accidents, divorce, violence or bullying can leave people unable to cope or process the emotional burdens. However, it is not only events linked to the individual personally, but also being a witness to events that might leave a person with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This includes being a victim to violence or natural disasters - there is no limit to the causes of trauma.
In the case of PTSD, people can develop many different psychological reactions, as determined by their own coping skills, emotional stability and background. Symptoms of PTSD include a anger, depression, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, social withdrawal, loss of self esteem and confidence, and substance abuse.
It takes a strong person to have the courage to stand up and request trauma counselling. This is no time to compare yourself to other people in similar situations, but rather to recognize that everyone has a different reaction to trauma. Therefore, it is important to address the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder as soon as possible to help you deal with emotions in a healthy way and to overcome the difficulties you are facing. Trauma counselling can help avert potentially more severe psychological disorders, that can occur if PTSD is left untreated.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who provides trauma counselling to address your posttraumatic stress management issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy has been rated as a highly effective therapy for treating PTSD, emotional reactivity disorders and dissociation, even in cases where people have been unable to successfully heal with other approaches. In cases of severe trauma, people are sometimes unable to access their cognitive processing centres indirectly, have found relief through Sensorimotor Psychotherapy which accesses it directly.
Somatic healing addresses the physiological elements of a traumatic experience. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy combines cognitive processing mechanisms with the emotional mechanisms to deal with traumatic situations.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy therapists guide clients through a physical healing journey where the client uses his or her own body as a resource for recovery. It offers a dynamic, elegant and fluid body therapy which allows clients to draw wisdom from their inner strength and knowledge for effective relief.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Trauma Counselling filterTrauma Counselling
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filterSensorimotor Psychotherapy
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter