Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), Existential-Humanistic
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) offers a mind-body approach to reducing excess nervous activation. With roots in neurobiology, SRT reflects the human's built-in automatic response to threat or novelty.
The nervous system changes as the result of negative events, but Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) helps the nervous system to integrate these events and balance the nervous system.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) takes place in a contained environment where the client feels safe. It helps to develop new neural pathways to help the client to develop flexibility and to better handle daily stresses and challenges.
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) can help the symptoms of dysregulation, including mood disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, stress and anxiety disorders, and physical issues such as chronic pain, asthma, migraines and insomnia.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), please browse our list of practitioners below..
Existential-Humanistic psychotherapies emphasize a collaborative approach to the understanding of the client's full experience rather than just the symptom, thoughts or behaviour. Psychological problems are viewed as the result of a restricted ability to make authentic, meaningful, and self-directed choices about how to live. Consequently, interventions are aimed at increasing client self-awareness and self-understanding. The key words for existential-humanistic therapy are acceptance and growth, responsibility and freedom.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Existential-Humanistic filterExistential-Humanistic
- (-) Remove Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filterSelf Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Body Centred Therapy (1)Apply Body Centred Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Pain Management (1)Apply Pain Management filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter