Parenting Issues Family Therapy
It's not until we become parents that we realize just how daunting a task we have to raise a human being. Pregnancy is a miracle for most, and small babies are adorable, despite the restless nights. However, long months of precious little sleep and caring for a helpless infant who can't verbalise their needs in language we understand can take its toll on the strongest of people. These are just some of the many parenting issues people around the world face every day.
Little people have their own unique personalities, needs and quirks and being responsible for them is not always the easiest thing to do. Of course, most parents don't have the luxury to spend every waking moment with their offspring, as we face work stress, marital issues, complicated family relationships, financial pressure and much more. Most children are left with caregivers for most of the day, where they create other relationships and where personalities are shaped in different ways.
While parenting is not for the faint hearted, it certainly is one of the most rewarding aspects of being a human on Mother Earth.
Parenting therapy can help parents to better cope with this daunting tasks by learning how to deal with outside influences, and how to cope with the demands of a young child or a teenager. It can help parents to be more cognizant of what they say to their children and how to cope with stressful or traumatic events, peer pressure, sibling relationships and day-to-day pressures faced by their children.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers family counselling to address your parenting issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Family Therapy is different from family systems counselling in that it focuses on relationships within the immediate family unit. It can be used as a supplement to other forms of therapy, or it can be the primary treatment plan.
Family therapy sees the unit as a whole, rather than a group of individual member, and this approach can be used to meet a range of of therapeutic outcomes. Instead of focusing on a single family member, family therapy counsellors see individual and relationship problems as the result of issues within the family dynamics. The therapist will identify issues in the patterns that contribute to problems. He or she will then help the clients to work on verbal and nonverbal communication styles to help shift patterns and bring about positive change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Family Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Parenting Issues filterParenting Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Child Behaviour (2)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Pregnancy (1)Apply Pregnancy filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Stepfamily Adjustment (1)Apply Stepfamily Adjustment filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation (1)Apply Transgender Identity and Adaptation filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- (-) Remove Family Therapy filterFamily Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (2)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter