Parent/Teen Conflict Drama Therapy
Parent teen conflict is one of the most common reasons why families opt for counselling. The adolescent years are fueled by raging hormones, insecurities, anxieties and mixed emotions for the teenagers, while the parents have to deal with precocious strangers who have invaded their little children's growing bodies.
Adolescence must be one of the most challenging stages a parent could face. Puberty brings on a range of changes, and growth spurts.
Suddenly, a sweet and caring child could turn disrespectful, defiant and disrespectful. A social butterfly could turn into a stranger who struggles to fit in with her peers, and an adoring, confident young man could become embarrassed to be seen near his mother. Anxiety is a very real symptom of adolescence, as is rebellion. A child who used to share everything with his parents might start hanging with a new group of friends that you don't know, and he might even start taking drugs.
Adults caught in the trap of parent teen conflict might feel saddened by the changes in their children. They might lose their temper and yell more than usual. They may even say things they later regret. Punishments are often ineffective, and parents usually feel guilty, thinking that they are not good parents. Anxiety over losing control over the teenager's behavior could lead to problems with other family members. Blame is a common pitfall that may lead to even more parent teen conflict.
Parent teen conflict requires professional help when the relationship seems to be getting worse instead of better. A range of therapies, including cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy form part of effective parent teen conflict counselling.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers parent teen conflict therapy to address your relationship with your child you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Drama therapy provides a platform for clients to set goals, share their life stories, express their feelings and solve emotional problems. It is a great format for exploring personal experiences and to enhance interpersonal skills to strengthen their own life roles.
The therapist offers a safe and emotionally supportive environment where clients can perform psychological, social, and emotional change. It is a great forum for individuals to explore and address social issues, or emotional difficulties such as personal growth, anxiety and grief.
Drama therapy can be offered on an individual basis, or in a group setting. Many clients find it easier to express themselves through improvisation, stories, movement and drama than through talking directly about their issues.
Drama therapy is suitable for people of all ages who suffer from mental disabilities, behavioural problems, or mental issues.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Drama Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Parent/Teen Conflict filterParent/Teen Conflict
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Covid-19 Loneliness (1)Apply Covid-19 Loneliness filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- (-) Remove Drama Therapy filterDrama Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter