Body Centred Psychotherapy
Body Centred Psychotherapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Body centered psychotherapy is sometimes referred to as somatic psychotherapy. It combines a range of approaches that promote psychological health while considering the body's role in healing and life experience. People often repress the impulses, emotions and feelings that form part of our experiences, and body centered psychotherapy opens up their understanding and experience of these aspects.
This form of therapy offers a level of healing that is not often experienced in conventional talk therapy. The conscious controls verbal expression and maintenance of muscular tension. Those functions anchor and reinforce a person's characterological responses to their environment. Body centered psychotherapy helps patients to become aware of their physiological sensations, impulses and emotions to gain greater control over their thoughts and behaviours.
A body centered psychotherapy therapist will guide the client to increase body awareness to become conscious of their movements, breathing, and the way in which they speak.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers body centered psychotherapy therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy has been rated as a highly effective therapy for treating PTSD, emotional reactivity disorders and dissociation, even in cases where people have been unable to successfully heal with other approaches. In cases of severe trauma, people are sometimes unable to access their cognitive processing centres indirectly, have found relief through Sensorimotor Psychotherapy which accesses it directly.
Somatic healing addresses the physiological elements of a traumatic experience. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy combines cognitive processing mechanisms with the emotional mechanisms to deal with traumatic situations.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy therapists guide clients through a physical healing journey where the client uses his or her own body as a resource for recovery. It offers a dynamic, elegant and fluid body therapy which allows clients to draw wisdom from their inner strength and knowledge for effective relief.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- (-) Remove Body Centred Psychotherapy filterBody Centred Psychotherapy
- (-) Remove Sensorimotor Psychotherapy filterSensorimotor Psychotherapy
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter