Hoarding ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
Hoarding is a persistent difficulty discarding or letting go of possessions. The behaviour often has a number of negative effects for the hoarder and often for family members. These can include emotional, social and physical challenges for the hoarder and those in a relationship with the hoarder.
There is a difference between hoarding and collecting. Hoarding often produces a sense of shame as many of the items are not longer needed and their presence often affects day to day functioning. Collecting may be a source of pride because the items are intentionally collected, valued and organized.
If you feel you have a problem with hoarding it may be useful to get help to challenge it and discover what will work to address it and the issues that trigger it.
ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
Therapists offer a wide range of approaches and ADHD coping strategies that can be valuable in overcoming the challenges of ADD/ADHD. Coaching is an effective tool in the treatment of ADHD. While traditional psychologists offer a range of approaches to deal with emotional problems, those who work with ADHD clients help implement practical solutions that improve situations in everyday life. Known as behavioural therapists, they offer strategies to help you prioritize tasks, structure your environment and manage your finances.
Organizing your work and home environment for optimum results can make life a lot easier and therapists can help with that. They may come to your home or office and look at ways to improve the organization and make suggestions for increased efficiency.
If you have ADD/ADHD and you could benefit from learning how to organize your environment and to prioritize tasks, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Hoarding filterHoarding
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1)Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- (-) Remove ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filterADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter