ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies, Family Therapy
Therapists offer a wide range of approaches and ADHD coping strategies that can be valuable in overcoming the challenges of ADD/ADHD. Coaching is an effective tool in the treatment of ADHD. While traditional psychologists offer a range of approaches to deal with emotional problems, those who work with ADHD clients help implement practical solutions that improve situations in everyday life. Known as behavioural therapists, they offer strategies to help you prioritize tasks, structure your environment and manage your finances.
Organizing your work and home environment for optimum results can make life a lot easier and therapists can help with that. They may come to your home or office and look at ways to improve the organization and make suggestions for increased efficiency.
If you have ADD/ADHD and you could benefit from learning how to organize your environment and to prioritize tasks, have a look at the counsellors listed below.
Family Therapy is different from family systems counselling in that it focuses on relationships within the immediate family unit. It can be used as a supplement to other forms of therapy, or it can be the primary treatment plan.
Family therapy sees the unit as a whole, rather than a group of individual member, and this approach can be used to meet a range of of therapeutic outcomes. Instead of focusing on a single family member, family therapy counsellors see individual and relationship problems as the result of issues within the family dynamics. The therapist will identify issues in the patterns that contribute to problems. He or she will then help the clients to work on verbal and nonverbal communication styles to help shift patterns and bring about positive change.
If you are looking for a therapist who offers Family Therapy, please browse our list of practitioners below..
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Stepfamily Adjustment (1)Apply Stepfamily Adjustment filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- (-) Remove ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filterADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- (-) Remove Family Therapy filterFamily Therapy
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter