Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Postpartum Depression
- Racism Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Internal Family Systems
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:www.yokogifford.com
Perhaps, you’ve heard yourself say or wonder to yourself:
- I’ve struggled with anxiety all my life.
- I keep myself busy all the time, and I find it easy to keep my emotions at bay.
- I have to walk on eggshells around my parent all the time.
- I have so much built up anger.
- I feel like everything is my fault.
- I’m struggling in my relationship with my partner and I feel stuck.
- I don’t know how to parent my child anymore.
You are not alone if you find yourself feeling this way. These are common painful human experiences. The truth is that we are not meant to carry pain, and I want to help carry it with you.
I bring my whole authentic self to create a safe, trusting alliance with you. This means that I honour and welcome who you are, all parts of you in our space together in a compassionate and non-judgmental way. I believe that we are biologically wired for healing, and together we can begin to make sense of how you experience life.
Aside from being a Therapist and Art Therapist, I’m a human, just like you, who loves to connect with others at a deep human level. Some call me a “Pacific-Rim” – I grew up in Japan until I was 15 and moved around the world on my own before settling here in the Fraser Valley, where I live with my family. I look forward to connecting with you.
Client fee individuals:$140