Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Life Transitions
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Process Work
Counselling practice website:Adsumcounselling.com
Counselling is a collaborative process of exploring the difficulties (stress, emotions, experiences) that the client brings forward in session. Counsellors promote change by helping the client to focus on the feelings, thoughts, behaviours, and experiences that are maintaining barriers to attaining goals. Counsellors are there to do with not do for.
The client is the one that leads the way, while the counsellor acts as a guide or support. My goal is to help you find your voice and your path to being your favorite version of you!
Although my foundational training is in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, I approach counselling with growth and curiosity for both clients and my practice, so I regularly train in new research-based modalities which allow me to adapt to the needs of my clients. In the past few years, I have added EMDR and Attachment-focused EMDR to my offerings.
To create lasting change, it is important to honour prior knowledge, understand things within a larger context, and (re)organize resources for easy recollection and use. The goal is to support clients in being able to independently navigate life's ups and downs.
- I have done two years of training in cognitive behavioral therapy which allows for me to adapt the tools to the person.
- EMDR I have done Advanced Training in EMDR.
- Attachment focused EMDR
Client fee individuals:140