Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Self Harming Practices
- Women's Issues
- Body Centred Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://mindbodysoulkelowna.com/
Tara has been providing support for individuals struggling with addictions and mental health concerns for over a decade. She has a particular interest and specialized training in the treatment of substance abuse, borderline personality disorder, anxiety, depression, self-harm and other emotion regulation difficulties. She hopes to make people to feel safe and secure in sharing personal challenges and provides a compassionate, respectful, and non-judgmental perspective on complex struggles and coping difficulties.
Tara integrates an attachment theory framework and emotion focussed, cognitive/dialectical behavioral and mindfulness-based therapies to provide care that is sensitive, individualized and client-centred.
Tara provides support for individuals and couples, as well as families of individuals struggling with substance use or mental health concerns. She is willing to offer a brief phone consultation to answer questions you might have and to ensure she is good fit before scheduling your initial appointment. She also has online booking available through her website.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Evidence based therapy for individuals struggling with emotion regulation difficulties, such as intense mood fluctuations, impulsivity, self-harm or suicidal thinking.
Client fee individuals:135
Client fee couples/families:135