Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Narrative Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.secondstorycounselling.com
You may have questions about:
- relationships e.g., How can my partner and I communicate better?
- identity formation and the future e.g., Who am I?; What should I do with my life?
- how to find ways through the current difficulties in their lives e.g., How do I work through this grief or transition?
- anxiety, stress, trauma, and depression e.g., How do I manage these distressing patterns?
As a Narrative therapist, I consider the client to be the expert about their life. The person is never the problem: the problem is the problem and we will find ways to change the current relationship with it. My job is to learn where the difficulties or struggles show up and the vision and version of a preferred future. We unpack the current and past contexts, systems, and influences in order to find solutions, to co-create healing narratives, ideas, and practices that bridge the gap between where people want to be and where they are right now.
I work primarily with younger and mid-life adults and couples, many of whom are experiencing difficulty with relationships, identity, anxiety, and depression. Other areas of concern might be spirituality or sexual orientation, life transitions, or vocational or career direction. Quite often, people I meet with are employed in creative fields: art, music, film, tech, or jobs in social justice work. I also work with many people who identify as First Nation.
To get a general sense of who I am and how I approach therapy, please have a look or a read through my website blog.
- I have completed a one-year post-Masters Trauma Therapy program at the Justice Institute of BC and a FireFighters certificate-Bronze level.
- I have completed various courses in Narrative Therapy and Expressive Arts therapy.
Client fee individuals:$145
Client fee couples/families:$170