Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Sheran is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with a Masters in Clinical Psychology, a BEd (education ) and BA in Human Science. This academic background enhanced by experience and continuous life long learning brings a unique skill sets to her private practice. Her style of counselling capitalizes on individual and unique strengths that is within each person. This approach incorporates strategies nad techniques that assists the individual to manage and resolve their challenges.
Areas of Practice
- TRAUMA including unresolved and vicarious trauma
- ADDICTION - drugs and alcohol
- ANXIETY - general
- GRIEF and LOSS
- PARENTING Challenges
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION
Sheran uses multiple approaches in her therapy that is best suited to the needs of her client. Some strategies include but not limit to Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), talk therapy, Thought Field therapy (TFT), solution focused, and Life Stress Management.
CRIME VICTIMS ASSIST PROGRAM (CVAP) Sheran is registered with the CRIME VICTIMS ASSIST PROGRAM which provides free counselling for victims and their immediate family members and /or witnesses to violent crimes. The BC government website and VictimLink provide information and application process.
ICBC: Sheran is an approved ICBC Vendor. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible for counselling services.
Due to Covid 19, counselling sessions will conducted via Zoom or telephone. Fees can be remitted by e-transfer or Square prior to sessions and you will receive a receipt which can be submitted for reimbursement.
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)- Justice Institute of BC Advanced Assisting Individuals in Crisis - ICISF Respectful and Responsible Parenting -
Client fee individuals:$100.00
Client fee couples/families:$100.00 hour