Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.inouyecounselling.com
How would it feel to have a life that reflects who you are and what’s important to you? What would it be like to really believe in yourself and feel more connected in those relationships that matter? What would it mean for you to be free from the suffering and isolation your problems may be causing? If you think it’s worth the effort then I am here to support you in any way I can.
You may be struggling with current life challenges, living with the effects of painful past experiences, or feeling stuck and unhappy in your life. Whatever is going on for you, you don’t need to face it all on your own. Change is easier with a caring and qualified professional on your side and together we will figure it out.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Master of Counselling degree in downtown Vancouver and am registered with the Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP). I have over 10 years experience providing counselling and support services and work from a holistic approach - one that considers and values all parts of you (body, mind, heart, spirit). I bring my experience and training to our sessions with deep respect and curiosity for your intuition and knowledge about what you need.
- Gaining deeper knowledge of the problems you are facing and shifting how you respond and relate to them.
- Understanding, challenging and transforming limiting beliefs that may be interfering with how you want to engage with yourself, your world and the people in it.
- Exploring choices and possibilities. Clarifying your intentions for your life and making a plan to help you move forward.
- Honouring and accessing your strengths, values and wisdom as resources for healing, growth and change.
I appreciate the opportunity to work with women. I understand the high potential for social and emotional stress today as we face intense pressure to look, act and live according to culturally determined ideals. These unrealistic standards related to appearance, career, family, home and relationships leave many women feeling like they don’t measure up. This naturally causes feelings of anxiety, self-doubt, guilt, shame, anger and sadness. I work within a feminist anti-oppression framework recognizing that the issues that bring women to therapy are often a result of, or response to, their experience in an oppressive society.
I support women with:
- Connecting to what they value and believe. Distinguishing between what society tells them to be and what they truly want for themselves.
- Developing healthy and effective coping-strategies to better manage life challenges and feel more in control.
- Healing from the experiences of trauma. Reclaiming their lives and sense of self.
- Having healthy and respectful relationships. Effectively expressing to others what they need and want.
- Listening to their bodies. Learning to safely connect with and understand the valuable info body sensations and emotions provide.
You deserve to feel better. I invite you to contact me today and begin the process.
Client fee individuals:$100 per one hour session. Sliding scale available.