Areas of practice
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Shame Counselling & Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.counsellingbyhothi.ca
My approach as a trauma informed clinical counsellor is to provide empathetic guidance and support through an attachment lens as you navigate through your journey.
Born and raised in the United Kingdom, having lived in Vancouver, Canada for the past 12 years and having experienced a few months in Uganda Africa, I consider myself as a diverse counsellor who can understand and relate to different religions, cultures and social practices.
My therapeutic style in counselling consists of empowering, validating, understanding and supporting you. I use my skills to help you process your journey, provide guidance and assist with hands on skills and tools. I allow for a safe space for you to process traumatic events and provide a holistic approach to my counselling style.
I have extensive experience and training in helping those who have experienced trauma, family conflict, relationship concerns and general day to day concerns which affect daily functioning. I am also able to assist those who are looking for a change in career/life decisions.
Please reach out today to learn more about me and my counselling style to see if it's a right fit for you.
- Masters Degree Clinical Counselling - Vancouver BC
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Ego State Therapy
- Shame and Self Loathing
- Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- EFIT (Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy)
- Gottman Couples Counselling
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing): EMDR is an evidence-based therapeutic modality that has demonstrated remarkable success for people who have experienced trauma.
- Gottman Couples Counselling: The Gottman Method is an approach to couples therapy that includes a thorough assessment of the couple relationship and integrates research-based interventions.
Client fee individuals:$140
Client fee couples/families:$165