Sharon Darby Lindsay
M.Sc. , CCCCCC Canadian Certified Counsellor
Primary location:Threefold Therapy North Nanaimo Nanaimo, V9V 1G8
Areas of practice
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Bullying - School
- Child Stress and Trauma
- Chronic Pain
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Trauma Counselling
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Body Centred Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Psycho-Educational Groups
- Somatic Approaches
Counselling practice website:threefoldtherapy.com
My priorities as a therapist:
- Share my knowledge and insights gathered over my 30 years as a therapist, as well as recent training in Somatic Psychotherapy, to enhance my client's experience in therapy
- Offer valuable life skills including meditation, breathing work, and other skills for nervous system regulation to every client
- Offer new perspectives and experiments in every session - opportunities to try on new things and find what’s most meaningful/valuable to my client. I am a lifelong learner and continually bring new strategies and approaches to my work with clients.
- During sessions, to spend more time exploring the present moment than focusing on the past and future, because this is where true insight and capacity for positive change emerges.
- Work from the knowledge that my clients are complex beings and have a great capacity for growth, change and healing. I help them see and appreciate this in themselves too.
- Provide more than just exploration of client’s thoughts and feelings but also explore and learn from their body sensations and reactions; how their brain works, and how their intuition is guiding them.
- As a Yogi and Certified Yoga Therapist, for my work as a therapist to embody the Yogic principles of Ahimsa- love and non-harm toward self and others; Satya- truthfulness in thought, word and deed; Holism - attention to client’s whole being…mind, brain, and body; Here and Now focus - paying attention to what is present in the moment; and Unconditional acceptance.
- Continual inquiry and growth as a person and a therapist. Some of my current life and professional questions I am exploring:
- What are some emerging ways I can use my therapist skills to support the social problems of our times?
- How can I best help my clients who are struggling with climate anxiety, in addition (or underlying) their other concerns
- What sorts of healing circles or group experiences can foster both individual and collective healing in adolescents and young adults
- What new insights and skills can I learn next that will support my clients?
- As I get older, what are the ways I can stay connected and relevant in a quickly changing world?
- How can I best share the wisdom and insight I have gained in my life thus far to benefit others?
- Phoenix Rising Certified Yoga Therapist - an approach to psychological and physical healing based on Humanistic Psychology and Yogic Philosophy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy training - Level 1 practitioner Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate, Embody Lab Certificate in Somatic Psychotherapy and Practices, Antioch University
- Somatic Experiencing practitioner training - Beginning Level III
- EMDR - Professional Certification
Client fee individuals:$135