Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Violence
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
Counselling practice website:Www.simplecouragecounselling.com
Taking that first step towards healing takes courage! I want to honour that and walk alongside of you while we work towards your wellness goals. The reality is that not many people are taught the skills to deal with life’s wear and tear. We often find ourselves in situations where we simply do not know how to work through things on our own. The good news is that we don't have to, and you are on the path to support now!
Warmth and acceptance are key tenants of my practice, and sessions will be collaborative, judgment free and open to exploring whatever you bring to the table.
While I work with a variety of clients, I have specialized training in working with couples, utilizing the Gottman Method and Emotion-Focused Therapy. Additionally, I have an extensive history and passion for working with individuals who have experienced trauma, with particular emphasis on intimate partner and domestic abuse.
It can feel very vulnerable to reach out and look for support when you need it, so take a minute to feel good about being here! That's the first step! If it feels right to you, reach out and we will set up an appointment from there!
- I have specialized training in the SAFE model of EMDR, which I utilize to work with client through past trauma.
Client fee individuals:150
Client fee couples/families:190