Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- School/Work Adjustment
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Workplace Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.rachellondon.ca
You may be looking for a therapist for several reasons. Perhaps you are feeling:
- irritable, tense and moody and just can't shake these feelings.
- the struggle of a major transition or stressful life event.
- weighed down by anxiety, uncertainty and "what ifs."
- lonely, disconnected, and longing for better relationships with your partner, colleagues, friends or family.
- down, inadequate and self-critical.
If you are struggling and feel stuck, you are not alone. Life can be challenging. Often times, the ear of a loved one can be just what we need; yet other times, our struggles can be profound, and require a skilled therapist to help us make the life changes that we desire.
If you decide to seek therapy with me, this is what you can expect in our work together:
In our sessions, we will explore:
- Your current difficulties, gain understanding of what led to these struggles and what cycles in your life maintain these challenges.
- Your relationship with yourself and others in your life.
- Your thoughts and feelings and how they relate to one another. Within this process, I will provide you with a safe, genuine and non-judgmental space to express yourself freely. I will listen for nuances in your story, and challenge you to explore your thoughts and feelings on a deeper level. I will also offer you concrete strategies and techniques to help you cope with the struggles you are facing.
Successful therapy is only possible if a strong therapeutic relationship is formed, and trust is established from the outset. Finding a counsellor who you feel comfortable and at ease with is instrumental to therapeutic effectiveness. Clients have commented on the relief that they feel knowing that they have found a therapist who genuinely cares and really “gets it.” Not only will I seek to understand and conceptualize your struggles, I will help you to set goals, and achieve them, so that you can achieve the change you desire. To me, therapy is not a one-size-fits all approach. I have pursued education and training in several therapeutic approaches so that I can tailor therapy to each individual and their unique needs. I draw on evidence-based practices including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Emotion Focussed Therapy, Mindfulness, Gottman Method Couples Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
In the 10+ years that I have been working as a counsellor, I have worked with people of all walks of life in a variety of settings, including hospital, community agency, university, and private practice settings. I have done specialized training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and I continually partake in professional training to expand my knowledge and skill-set.
If you are interested in learning more about me, the services I provide or whether I am good fit for you, please feel free to check out my website at www.rachellondon.ca.
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Client fee individuals:$150
Client fee couples/families:$170