Areas of practice
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
You may be looking for a therapist for several reasons. Perhaps you are feeling:
- lonely, disconnected, and longing for a better relationships with your partner.
- betrayed and hopeless after infidelity in your relationship.
- stuck in conflict that just doesn't seem to get resolved.
- the weight of a major transition or stressful life event and its impacts on your relationship.
- overwhelmed trying to juggle work, kids and a healthy relationship.
- that things are going well, but you want to learn tools that will keep your relationship strong for the long haul.
If you are struggling and feel stuck, you are not alone. Relationships take hard work. Often times, couples can work through challenges on their own, yet other times, relationship challenges can be profound, and require a skilled therapist to help.
If you decide to seek therapy with me, this is what you can expect in our work together:
In our sessions, we will explore:
- Your current difficulties, gain understanding of what led to these struggles and what patterns maintain them.
- Your relationship with your partner, including the strengths and areas of concern in your relationship. Following a thorough assessment, I will provide a roadmap to guide our work together, and I will introduce evidence-based interventions to help you strengthen and rebuild weakened areas in your relationship.
Successful therapy is only possible if a strong therapeutic relationship is formed, and trust is established from the outset. Finding a therapist who you both feel comfortable and at ease with is instrumental to therapeutic effectiveness. Clients have commented on the relief that they feel knowing that they have found a therapist who genuinely cares and really “gets it.” Not only will I seek to understand and conceptualize your challenges, I will help you to set goals and achieve them, so that you can experience the change you desire. The approach I use is based on more than 40 years of research on what makes relationship work. This approach is called Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and I have advanced training in this method.
In the 13+ years that I have worked as a therapist, I have worked with people of all walks of life in a variety of settings, including hospital, agency, university, and private practice.
If you are interested in learning more about me, the services I provide or whether I am good fit for you, please e-mail to set up a free 15 minute telephone consultation.
Please note that I am currently offering therapy virtually for the time being. In person appointments may be available upon request and based on availability.
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 3 Emotion-Focussed Couples Therapy CBT, DBT
Client fee couples/families:$240