- Plaintext email only
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with over 14 years of training and experience working with children and families in counselling, child development and family support roles. My ongoing commitment is to provide my clients with skilled therapeutic intervention with an open, thoughtful and caring approach. I offer a few different styles of session including:
· Child therapy sessions.
· Individual youth and young adult counselling sessions (aged 13-35).
· Family counselling sessions (and parent child sessions).
· Caregiver and parent sessions and consultations.
Individuals and Families seek out my services for some of the following reasons:
· Family transitions and grief and loss- Separation, divorce, loss of a family member, changes in caregiving, moving, foster care or adoption etc.
· Mental health and emotional well-being- Anxiety, worry, fear, sadness, grief, depression, withdrawal, self-harm, doubt, guilt, emotional outbursts, aggression, defiance etc.
· Responses to violence- Responses to past or current violence including: abuse, neglect, violence or bullying.
· Family support and strengthening of relationships- Family dynamics, communication strategies.
· Parenting support- Parenting strategies, support plans for a child’s unique emotional needs and behaviour.
Finding the right counsellor can provide a sense of support and relief to the challenges that arise in our lives. It is important that my clients feel safe and comfortable and thus I ensure an open, non-judgemental atmosphere. My approach invites an opportunity for you and/or your child or your family to explore old problems in new ways and together create noticeable movement towards your intentions and hopes for you and your family’s life.
Extensive training in therapeutic interventions focused on child, individual and family counselling provides me with a strong base for collaborative and creative exploration of challenges that arise. The option to incorporate art and expressive therapies into sessions can provide children and youth with a creative means of connecting, exploring challenges and communicating. I also offer eco-therapy and mindfulness practices that can provide reconnections to ourselves, to others and to the world around us.
Please contact me at (250) 896-1122 to set up your complimentary 30 minute counselling consultation.
Client Fee Individuals:
Client Fee Couples/Families:
For further information, visit Rebecca Corcoran's website.