Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Eating Disorders
- Family Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cross Cultural Therapy
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Family Therapy
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.tarastudios.ca
Rebecca Christofferson MA RCC BCATR is a registered clinical counselor and art therapist. Her training began with an aboriginal program at VIU, and has included a post-graduate art therapy diploma, many parent training courses, master practitioner in NLP, cognitive behavioral therapy, adolescent and attachment therapy, sexual abuse intervention, a Masters degree in education, trauma therapy, mental health interventions, and addictions programs, and EMDR.
Rebecca’s practice has focused mainly on survivors of trauma, people with mental health challenges, and families with a range of challenges. She has been working in family violence programs, youth detention centers, mental health settings, sexual abuse intervention programs, learning disability support networks, addiction centers, and aboriginal healing centers for over 15 years.
She helps couples and families strengthen functioning and attachments, healing historical trauma, teaching communication skills, and restoring affection. Rebecca teaches non-violent communication skills while providing attachment and Gottman style therapy in order to empower each member of the family/couple who come to see her. She also helps individuals manage phobias, anxiety and depression using a combination of mindfulness/spiritually based therapy, hypnotherapy and cognitive behavioral skill based therapy. Her NLP and hypnosis background is helpful for addictions, moving successfully towards goals, and anxiety management.
Some of the programs that she can offer are:
- Parenting children with ADHD/ADD
- Living successfully with ADHD
- Anger Management
- Phobia reduction and Anxiety management programs
- Building successful relationships
- Co-parenting after divorce program
- Healing from Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
- Career Coaching using NLP and hypnosis
- Breaking free from Depression and Bipolar disorder
- Creating a healthy lifestyle after Addictions
- Stopping self harm
- Healing from Grief and Loss, especially traumatic loss
- Healing Eating Disorders
Ask Rebecca about some of the other programs available, either at her downtown Duncan office, or her Lake Cowichan retreat center.
“I have had a wonderful career helping people move closer to peace in their lives, whether it be a peaceful moment where the kids are sitting down at the dinner table, or a moment of still confidence in your own worth. Counseling is a service that allows change to move from being something daunting and painful to something clear, focused and attainable."
Client fee individuals:Sliding scale $70-90