Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Adolescent Issues
- Anger Management Issues
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Employee Assistance
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Unwanted Habits
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relaxation Therapy
- Shame Counselling & Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
It takes courage to seek and begin therapy, and I value and respect that. I am passionate about working with all people, however they choose to identify themselves. I work with adults, young to old. I consider each individual as a "world unto themself"; I work with your goals, your spark, your way. My goal is to help you find the tools to move towards what you most want. I'm on your side. I draw from therapies such as solution focused, trauma based, CBT and ACT.
POSSIBILITY lies in the PRESENT - what we do, how we choose to act, alone and with others - this is the arena of change.
At times it is helpful to know what is affecting how we make our choices. Old habits and beliefs may limit us - how can we respond differently, to live a life of our own choosing? I offer you unconditional support and acceptance; it is essential in the movement towards contentment, integrity and personal success.
I understand from my own experience that although this work can be liberating and exciting, it can also be difficult. It takes courage. Finding a therapist you can work well with is crucial. Please feel free to contact me without cost to ask questions and tell me a little of what you are looking for. I am happy to be here for you as you begin your search.
- Attained level of Advanced Group Clinician in Therapeutic Enactment, a modality for the treatment of trauma. UBC Centre for Group Counselling & Trauma 2019
Client fee individuals:$140 / 50 minute session
Client fee couples/families:$150 / 50 minute session