Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Addictions - Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eldercare Issues
- Family Caregiver Stress
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Skype/Video Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.counsellor-coach.ca
I have been bringing warmth and compassion to my counselling with individuals and couples since 1980. I believe the key to effective therapy begins with building safe relationships where my clients feel free to explore their thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. My role role is to accompany you on your journey--we are working together. As well it is my responsibility to provide the skills, guidance, expertise, support, and non-judgmental listening ear you need to reach your goals.
I use a number of different approaches and techniques including EMDR, relaxation, mindfulness, and CBT. My primary approach that underlies what I do is based on attachment theory, that talks about how we are who we are through the kinds of relationships and interactions we have had in our lives, starting as children. Underlying this is the belief that we all have the innate capacity and drive to "right our ship" and grow emotionally, develop better coping and relationship patterns, that will bring strength and joy to our lives.
I encourage clients to look inside and ask themselves what their goals for counselling are and what the issues are they want help with:
- Help with small things which have bothered them for a long time?
- To change destructive emotional or behaviour patterns at work, in relationships, or with family or friends ?
- Release from past trauma, family issues, or events?
- Relief from addictions (alcohol, drug, internet, gambling, sex), anxiety, or depression?
- Learn to open up, develop intimacy, or coping skills?
- Improve self esteem or self image?
- Help with managing eldercare or caregiving?
If the above resonate with you, they are some of the concerns I help clients tackle.
My training includes a range of therapeutic approaches and methods
including EMDR, AEDP, Solution focused therapy, EFT (Emotionally
Focused Therapy), and mediation.
I am located very close to the City Hall station of the Canada Line, and close to the 99BLine and 9 Bus.
I look forward to working with you.
- AEDP ( Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy), EFT ( Emotionally focused therapy for couples)
Client fee individuals:$140.00 per hour
Client fee couples/families:$140.00