Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction - Internet
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Addictions - Sexual
- Eldercare Issues
- Family Issues
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.counsellor-coach.ca
I have been bringing warmth and compassion to my counselling with individuals and couples since 1980. I believe the key to effective therapy begins with building safe relationships where my clients feel free to explore their thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. My role role is to provide the skills, guidance, expertise, support, or non-judgmental listening ear you need to reach your goals.
I encourage clients to look inside and ask themselves what their goals for counselling are and what the issues are they want help with:
- Help with small things which have bothered them for a long time?
- To change destructive emotional or behaviour patterns at work, in relationships, or with family or friends ?
- Release from past trauma, family issues, or events?
- Relief from addictions (alcohol, drug, internet, gambling, sex), anxiety, or depression?
- Learn to open up, develop intimacy, or coping skills?
- Improve self esteem or self image?
- Help with managing eldercare or caregiving?
If the above resonate with you, they are some of the concerns I help clients tackle.
My training includes a range of therapeutic approaches and methods
including EMDR, AEDP, Solution focused therapy, EFT (Emotionally
Focused Therapy), and mediation.
I am located very close to the City Hall station of the Canada Line, and close to the 99BLine and 9 Bus.
Client fee individuals:$120.00 per hour $150.00 per hour and a half
Client fee couples/families:$120.00 $160.00 per hour and a half