Areas of practice
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Child Behaviour
- Chronic Illness
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Conflict
- Family Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Stepfamily Adjustment
- Teen Adjustment Issues
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Satir Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
My practice includes working with couples, families, adolescents, individuals and groups.
- Couples counselling, communication and relationship concerns.
- Family issues such as behaviour management, parent /teen conflict, blended family adjustment.
- Children and adults who struggle with A.D.H.D. both within the family, and as individuals.
- Health concerns both as an individual, and within the family. Mental health issues and life adjustment.
- Co-parenting issues after a seperation.
I have worked both in the physical health, and mental health field in the community and in hospital settings with families and individuals for 30 years. I have worked with children and adults with A.D.H.D. for the past thirteen years. I have also worked with families coping with chronic illness.
'Change is possible. Even if external change is limited,internal change is possible.'
'We all have resources we need in orderto cope successfully and to grow.'
'We have choices , especially in terms of responding to stress instead of reacting to situations.'
'We cannot change past events; only the impact they have on us.'
Virginia Satir (1916-1988) Author, family therapist, educator.