Mary Ann Pelzer
Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Death and Dying
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sexual Assault
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Family Systems
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Psycho-Educational Groups
- Response-Based Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.maryannpelzer.com
Are you struggling to get through each day? Trying so hard and going in circles. Surviving has become your motto, until one day you decide you can’t take it anymore.
This scenario is very common. It’s what drives people to counselling. Please rest assured, if it were easy, you would have figured it out by now! But it’s not. It’s complicated. Unless you know the best way out and have the tools to keep you out, this scenario will just keep reoccurring again and again!
But there is a solution- I can be your guide. I will listen with compassion and acceptance. I’ll help you identify your issues and teach you new skills that will help you learn how to cope with your difficulties and help you find better ways to heal, improve your life and your relationships. I’ll Help you move from Surviving to Thriving in your life!
Hi, my name is Mary Ann Pelzer and I’ve been counselling since 2004. I have a bachelor’s degree from SFU and a Masters in Counselling Psychology from City University. I worked at Women’s Place in Surrey as a Trauma Counsellor for eight years. Here I helped women that have suffered trauma or abuse regain a sense of power and control in their lives.
Since then I have worked in private practice helping men and women with:
· Depression and Anxiety issues, including panic attacks, learn better coping tools to improve their life (including ICBC car accident cases) and ways of being with themselves that can improve their mood
· Stress Management
· Learning how to set Boundaries with others and value yourself too
· Increase your Self-Esteem
· Help with Anger Management issues
· Improve your Relationships
· Or struggles with issues around Grief and Loss
· Or perhaps you just can’t get over some issues with Trauma and Abuse or PTSD
· I also help clients recover from Sexual Assault. I am registered with Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP)
I employ an integrative, client centered approach to counselling. I use Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Therapy, and Family Systems theory. I am also a Certified Focusing Oriented Therapist. These models provide me with an effective mind/body approach. Why so many theories? Simply because issues are diverse and thus solutions vary. Every case is different and each person is unique!
I provide sessions for $120. This is payable by cash, cheque or e-transfer. I am also covered under some Extended Health Benefit plans.
· #202-1548 Johnston Road, (AKA 152nd St.) White Rock
· #926 – 510 West Hastings, Vancouver. I’m close to Richards St and the Waterfront Sky Train and City Buses.
Please Call me for a free 15 minute consultation at 604-219-8079 or Email me using the website form.
Counselling can be a very difficult decision, please see my website for more information. www.maryannpelzer.com
And when you’re ready to Move from Surviving to Thriving!
Give me a Call…
Client fee individuals:$120.00 per session