Mary Ann Pelzer
Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Bullying - Workplace
- Death and Dying
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sexual Assault
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Family Systems
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Response-Based Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
help you find better ways to heal, improve your life and your relationships. I’ll Help you move from Surviving to Thriving in your life!
Hi, my name is Mary Ann Pelzer and I’ve been counselling since 2004. I have a BA from SFU and a Masters in Counselling Psychology from City U. I worked at Women’s Place in Surrey as a Trauma Counsellor for eight years. Here I helped women that have suffered trauma or abuse regain a sense of power and control in their lives.
I now work in private practice helping men and women with:
· Depression and Anxiety issues, including panic attacks
· Stress Management
· Learning how to set Boundaries with others and value yourself too
· Increase your Self-Esteem
· Help with Anger Management issues
· Improve your Relationships
· Or struggles with issues around Grief and Loss
· Or perhaps you just can’t get over some issues with Trauma and Abuse or PTSD
· I also help clients recover from Sexual Assault.
I employ an integrative, client centered approach to counselling. I use Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Therapy, and Family Systems theory. I am also a Certified Focusing Oriented Therapist. These models provide me with an effective mind/body approach. Why so many theories? Simply because issues are diverse and thus solutions vary. Every case is different and each person is unique!
I provide Individual counselling for $120. Couples or Families $150 - $180. This is payable by cash, cheque, e-transfer, Visa. Master Card or American Express.
I am also covered under many Extended Health care plans and Insurance providers. Please check that they accept Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC).
I am registered with ICBC and would love to help you recover from your car accident.
I am also registered with Crime Victims Assistance Plan (CVAP)
· #202-1548 Johnston Road, (aka 152nd St.) White Rock
· #926 – 510 West Hastings, Vancouver. Close to Richards St and the Waterfront Sky Train station and City Buses.
Please Call me for a free 15 minute consultation
Counselling can be a very difficult decision, please see my website for more information.