Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sexual Assault
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.newtides.ca
I'm Morgan - Registered Clinical Counsellor and Certified Yoga Instructor. To me, one of the greatest trials and rewards in life is to feel at ease with who you are, how you experience the world and how you connect with others.
If you’re here, it’s likely there is something blocking you from that sense of ease.
It may be that you’ve worked hard to become the person you are – like many I work with, you may appear to have your life together, and yet deep inside you know something is missing. Perhaps you:
- Experience a voice of doubt or shame holding you back from trusting yourself
- Find it hard to focus on things you usually enjoy or find important
- Have days where you feel empty and numb
- Experience times when worry, fear, sadness or anger consume you for no apparent reason
- Have started to feel alone and different
- Feel disconnection or tension in your relationship with others and yourself.
I often work with those who find it difficult to be vulnerable and let people in, yet face challenges in managing their emotions and experiences all by themselves. This is a struggle I have experienced first hand at various points in my own life so I know how it can feel. I come from a place of patience and warmth - ready to work with you where you are. I welcome moments of laughter, compassion and joy, and bring a genuine and straightforward approach. I specialize in working with various emotional and relational challenges that often arise from past trauma or issues in childhood or adult relationships.
Common concerns I work with are:
- Relational challenges (past and present)
- Self Worth
- Sexual Assault
- Personal Growth
I draw from my background in yoga, mindfulness and ongoing clinical training to use the power of both cognitive and body-oriented approaches. As ongoing emotional distress or trauma often affects the functioning of the ‘thinking’ part of our brain, calming ourselves or creating change through logic alone can be difficult! As such, I combine traditional talk therapy with mindfulness-based approaches, exploring the connection between emotion, beliefs, language, movement, body sensation, behaviour and more.
With a counsellor you trust and connect with, you can gain:
- Clarity on what’s holding you back
- Strategies for handling difficult feelings, triggers or trauma
- Connection to what lights you up
- Awareness of who you are
- Knowledge of what you need from yourself and others and how to communicate this
- Resolution from past traumas, beliefs or relational pain
My hope is that counselling empowers you with self-awareness and trust in yourself, leaving you with a greater sense of ease, presence and delight in life and relationships.
To learn more about my approach to counselling or ask questions about how I might be able to support you, connect with me for a free consultation call.
Client fee individuals:$120 ($100 student rate available)
Client fee couples/families:$120