- Plaintext email only
Counselling is a profound collaboration between you and your counsellor to create a safe relational space in which you can engage in radical acts of both change and self-acceptance.
I offer clinical counselling to individuals and couples concerning issues ranging from single, life-changing events to chronic or persistent issues related to surviving childhood neglect and sexualized child abuse. I have extensive experience assisting individuals overcome the dissociative coping strategies and defensive attachment behaviours formed during childhood, that undermine well-being in the present.
In addition, I work with individuals and couples who are seeking assistance with GBLTQ adjustment/acceptance/relationship issues.
My office is located in the Comox Valley, in the ‘Tin Town’ neighbourhood of Courtenay.
• Masters Degree in Clinical Counselling (City University – Vancouver)
• Registered Clinical Counsellor (BC Association of Clinical Counsellors)
• Effective individual, couple, and group counselling with male survivors
of childhood trauma (sexualized abuse, physical abuse, and neglect)
• Effective individual counselling with female survivors of childhood trauma
(sexualized abuse, physical abuse, and neglect)
• Experience and training in trauma and dissociative disorders
• Strong aptitude for cross-cultural counselling
• Ease in establishing respectful relationships with marginalized individuals
• Approved Crime Victims Assistance Program counsellor (CVAP)
• Approved Residential Historical Abuse Program counsellor (RHAP)
My approach is inspired by Collaborative and Narrative therapies as well as body/mind, emotionally focused, and attachment-oriented therapies. Buddhist mindfulness practices also influence my counselling approach. My on-going Professional Development is focused on attachment theory-inspired therapies, innovations in working with post-traumatic stress disorder, dissociative disorders, and interpersonal neurobiology.
Client Fee Individuals:
Client Fee Couples/Families: