Areas of practice
- Grief and Loss - General
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Internal Family Systems
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.lianayipcounselling.com/linda
Your yearning for joy, creative expression, and contentment may be your psyche or soul’s way of quietly telling you that it’s time to rest, replenish, and renew. If you need support in quieting the external chatter, to tune into your inner wisdom, I'm here to hold space for you. Expressing yourself and authentically relating to others can be challenging if you are struggling with trauma and overwhelming or numbed emotions. I offer counselling and EMDR therapy for those with trauma (religious, childhood or otherwise), support for creative people, and those feeling depressed, anxious, or who wish to deepen their sense of purpose and meaning.
Together we will find the roots that snag and trip you, digging them up to see if they need replanting or composting. I'm here to help you connect with your inner resources, to facilitate healing. I will hold space for you, so that you can listen and express yourself in integrity while exploring strengths, your voice, and as-yet unexplored narratives for your life. I work from a Jungian, depth psychological orientation, which is a holistic modality that involves consideration of not only what happens on the surface of our lives, but also explores unconscious processes which can deeply influence us in less discernible, yet highly influential ways. My doctoral research investigated second-generation former members of high-demand (cultic) communities. This research explored ways in which most individuals can overcome psychological oppression of varying degrees.
I am a proud mom to twin teenagers, and in my free time I love exploring the outdoors with family and friends, as well as ocean kayaking, travelling, reading voraciously, and doing crafts.
I offer a gentle, personalized, collaborative approach that is informed by my training in Jungian depth psychology, narrative therapy, emotionally-focused therapy, EMDR, and expressive and contemplative arts. If what I've shared here speaks to you, please reach out—I'm currently accepting new clients.
- MFA in creative writing from Naropa University, a Buddhist institution in Boulder, Colorado. I am also a published novelist and poet.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) basic training. Certification completed May 2022 with Envision Services.
- Narrative Therapy certification AEDP level one certification
- Two direct trainings with esteemed Jungian analyst Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés (Original Voice & Art as a Sacred Act).
- Certification in polyvagal theory and expressive arts with Dr. Cathy Malchiodi.
Client fee individuals:$185 + gst