Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- Job Transition
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Family Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Narrative Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.lktcounselling.com
One of my clients said that prior to coming to counselling she'd feared that the experience of therapy would be "like turning the room completely upside down." She instead found it to be "like finally turning the lights on in a room that had been dark."
I know that it takes courage to seek therapy. It means acknowledging (to ourselves and another) that something in our lives is not as we'd like it to be, and committing to the work of letting ourselves see, feel, and start to heal those parts of our lives we are no longer willing or able to keep dark.
The joy in my work comes from helping people 'turn the lights on,' and witnessing what happens when they do.
I have a Master's Degree in Counselling Psychology and have been working as a thearpist since 1995. My commitment is to helping clients move towards greater clarity, authenticity, and connection to self and others.
Here are just some of the reasons someone might wish to seek help:
- Feeling stuck of dissatisfied; feeling that you're living "a life of quiet desperation"
- Depression or other mood disorders
- Chronic anxiety, stress, or worry
- Feeling out of control with food, substances, or behaviour
- Wanting increased capacity for connection with others
- Relationship disconnect
- Noticing self-defeating patterns repeating in your life
To explore your interest in seeking therapy at this time and answer any questions you may have about my background or approach, I offer a free 30-minute phone consultation which can be arranged through my online scheduling system.
Client fee individuals:$110-120/session (GST has been added) I reserve some reduced fee slots for clients in need of fee accommodation. Please feel free to inquire.
Client fee couples/families:$110-120/session (90 minute sessions available for $160-170/session). I am a Registered Provider with Crime Victim Services