Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Stepfamily Adjustment
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Group Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.thelandingonthecoast.com
I am a registered clinical counsellor (BCACC), an experienced workshop facilitator, a passionate mental health advocate, and a dedicated lifelong learner. I have over 10 years of combined education and work experience in clinical counselling, mental health support, and group facilitation, as well as 30 years of personal healing and growth work. I work with individuals, couples, groups and families. I understand that we all have a biological drive to reduce our suffering and live life more fully, and my life experiences and personal therapeutic journey has proven to me the effectiveness of counselling. I have a deep respect for those who find the courage to seek change from within.
My Theoretical Approach
I offer clients a presence that is wrapped in warmth, understanding, compassion, and sincerity. Within a safe, stable relationship the seeds of healing and growth reside, thus my theoretical approach is relational, experiential, and emotion-based. My therapeutic framework draws from attachment theories, emotion focused theories, experiential psychotherapy, mindfulness and neurobiology.
As an AEDP practitioner, I strive to undo aloneness by co-creating a safe, authentic and treasured relationship where clients are invited to experience and share moment-to-moment emotions and sensations. Interpersonal connection is privileged and processed; deeper emotions, sensations, thoughts and beliefs are experienced and conceptualized. New perspectives, insights, and truths emerge by integrating deep right brain somatic processes with left-brain understanding. Through this process, clients can experience adaptive nervous system changes, increased positivity, and greater vitality, clarity and hope.
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology, and a Masters of Education degree in Counselling Psychology, both from the University of British Columbia. I am a level-1 AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) practitioner, an EMDR Therapist, and a certified Hatha yoga teacher.
In addition to my BCACC membership, I am a member of the Canadian Psychological Association, EMDR Canada, and the AEDP Institute.
I have received advanced training in:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic Training (Life Journeys Counselling & Training Inc.) with Sue Genest, MSc, RCC, CCC.
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) Immersion Training (AEDP Institute) with Diana Fosha, PhD, David Mars, PhD, & Karen Pando-Mars, MFT.
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (Psychotherapy.net Academy) with Rebecca Jorgensen, PhD.
- Neurobiological Treatment of Trauma (NICABM) with Ruth Buczynski, PhD, Bessel van der Kolk, MD, Pat Ogden, PhD, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD, & Dan Siegel, MD.
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Transformational Approaches to Healing Complex Trauma, Janina Fisher, PhD
- The Basics of Trauma Treatment (Inward Bound Counselling & Focusing Training) with Leslie Ellis, PhD.
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention (Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention of BC).
Please note: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, I am currently booking online sessions only. You're welcome to book online at thelandinongthecoast.com or contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- EMDR is an evidence-based treatment used to treat trauma symptoms (i.e. anxiety, guilt, anger, depression, panic, insomnia, flashbacks).
- AEDP explores our innate capacity to heal, offers the experience of being seen and understood, heals deep injuries, and invites exploration of core-emotions.
- EFT is a short-term therapy that focuses on adult relationships and attachment/bonding, exploring relationship patterns, increasing trust and developing deeper bonds.
Client fee individuals:154.00 - 205.00 incl. GST
Client fee couples/families:160.00 - 240.00 incl. GST