Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Death and Dying
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Somatic Transformation
- TELEPHONE COUNSELLING
- VIDEO COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:https://www.bonniemasoncounselling.ca/associates_leanne_fessler.htm
Leanne works from the understanding that we all experience challenging life situations (counsellors included) that may last for shorter periods of time or be more ongoing in nature. Such times may bring up difficult thoughts and feelings or challenge our beliefs about the world, ourselves and others. How we cope with all of this can add another layer of difficulty yet sometimes we simply know of no other way. In meeting with Leanne, clients describe finding a warm, knowledgeable and non-judgmental place to sort through these pieces.
Leanne currently works as an associate with Bonnie Mason & Associates Counselling in South Surrey. Clients seeking Leanne's assistance often come with descriptions of: unwanted or racing thoughts, a critical inner voice, feeling disconnected from self/values or significant people in their lives, feelings of loneliness, difficulty moving past something that has happened, having a hard time managing or finding the energy to deal with all that is going on and finding a satisfying direction.
As a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Master of Arts from the University of British Columbia, Leanne has been supporting clients since 2005 to move forward from life’s difficult times. Some of the concerns she helps clients with include:
- coping with grief and loss
- overcoming depression and anxiety,
- improving personal and family relationships
- increasing self-compassion
- moving through major life transitions
- staying steady through the ups and downs of family planning (i.e. infertility, fertility treatments, pregnancy loss)
- engaging in the transition to parenthood (as a couple, or individually)
- building parent-adolescent relationships
- healing from the impact of traumatic events
Leanne combines research, training and experience in mindfulness, somatic, CBT/talk therapy and expressive art therapy methods to encourage clients to
- rediscover forgotten strengths and resources - or develop new ones!
- think about problems in a new way to get "outside the box"
- better understand and express thoughts, feelings, needs
- connect with others in a meaningful way
- find solutions to energy-zapping scenarios
Leanne is committed to helping clients build authentic hope through action and to realize optimal personal capacities.
Prior to her current associate role, Leanne's work experiences include counselling or psychoeducational group facilitation at: UBC, community outreach facilities, private practices, Family Services of Greater Vancouver, Chimo Crisis Services, Nova Transition House, elementary/ secondary/alternative school settings and a residential treatment center for youth. In addition, she is approved to serve claimants with the BC Crime Victim Assistance Program.
Client fee individuals:$140 plus GST
Client fee couples/families:$150 plus GST