Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Death and Dying
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Expressive Arts Therapies
- Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Somatic Transformation
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.bonniemasoncounselling.ca/associates_leanne_fessler.htm
Leanne works from the understanding that we all experience challenging life situations - and challenges dealing with them (counsellors included)!
Clients seeking Leanne's assistance often come with descriptions of unwanted or racing thoughts, a critical inner voice, feeling disconnected from self/values or significant people in their lives, feelings of loneliness, difficulty moving past a difficult event, lots of life demands and not enough energy to meet them.
Currently working as an associate with Bonnie Mason & Associates Counselling in South Surrey, Leanne has been supporting clients since 2005 to move forward from life's difficult times. Leanne is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#3000) and graduate of the University of British Columbia's Masters in Counselling Psychology program. She has completed additional training in Somatic Transformation (somatic approach to trauma), Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Expressive Arts Therapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and various treatment approaches to anxiety and depression (including Changeways Core Program, mindfulness).
Some of the concerns she helps clients with include:
- coping with grief and loss
- overcoming depression and anxiety,
- transforming stress and overwhelm
- improving personal and family relationships
- increasing self-compassion, decreasing self-criticism
- moving through major life transitions
- staying steady through the ups and downs of family planning (i.e. infertility, fertility treatments, pregnancy loss)
- staying connected during the transition to parenthood (to self, partner and/or supports)
- building healthy parent-adolescent relationships
- healing from the impact of traumatic events
Leanne is committed to helping clients build authentic hope through insight, understanding and action.
Prior to her current associate role, Leanne's work experiences include counselling or psychoeducational group facilitation at: UBC, community outreach facilities, private practices, Family Services of Greater Vancouver, Chimo Crisis Services, Nova Transition House, elementary/ secondary/alternative school settings and a residential treatment center for youth. In addition, she is approved to serve claimants with the BC Crime Victim Assistance Program.
Please call 778-840-5557 or use the email form today to book an appointment with Leanne. Find additional information about Leanne on Bonnie Mason and Associates Counselling Inc website.
Client fee individuals:$150 plus GST
Client fee couples/families:$150 plus GST