Areas of practice
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Teen Adjustment Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:https://kirstenreidcounselling.com/
Would you like help to find relief and an overall sense of lightness?
Whether you believe your life challenges to be major or minor ones, include a specific event or a reoccurring problem pattern that you want help with to enable change, we can work together on your journey to reach a state of optimal functioning. I believe that all people possess the strength to push through even the most difficult times and learn from their experiences.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) holding a MA in Counselling Psychology. I will bring to our sessions a current perspective of today's counselling approaches, along with a passion to help you move beyond feeling stuck while staying true to your core values and goals.
Children (11+), teens, adults, couples, and families who are facing a variety of challenges in their lives are my focus, including major life transitions for family members through loss, separation and divorce.
Teens face unique challenges while navigating through the high school years, including pressures around schoolwork, post-secondary preparation, friend groups, and exposure to drugs and alcohol. I see my role as a trusted support person to provide psychoeducation and explore their options and possible outcomes from decisions made.
I also enjoy working with couples who are looking for help to improve lines of communication so they can enjoy one another once again or manage ruptures in trust. I will bring empathy, humour, and an open heart into our collaborative sessions.
Other areas of focus include managing anxiety, depression, sexual and intimacy concerns, and grief.
I returned to graduate school to expand my knowledge and competencies after a 25-year career in corporate sales/business development where my strength of listening and connecting with others
My goal as your counsellor is to be a compassionate companion, walking alongside you on your journey of healing and growth. I am in my office when you need me, as well as offering the option to walk and talk telephone sessions, or virtual video-counselling.
I continue to expand my counselling skills through:
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT/EFCT/EFFT) Individual, Couple, Family: EFT: Attachment Science in Practice (Dr. Sue Johnson)- 6 Week Course
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety (Penn University) - 4-Day Ex/RP Intensive Workshop
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) : Rapid Recovery from Depression: New Treatment Strategies for Feeling Great (Webinar)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Feeling Great, David D. Burns, MD– training and book club review of “Feeling Great” – the Revolutionary New Treatment for Depression and Anxiety – 12 Week Group
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR/Palouse Mindfulness) – ongoing 8 Week Course
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Certified ADHD Professional (ADHD-CCSP) Intensive Training Course: Evidence-Based Strategies for Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan with Dr. Russell Barkley and Dr. David Nowell ***June 2022***
- Battered Women’s Support Services (BWSS) - Crisis Line Worker/Intakes -Violence prevention & intervention including safety planning to provide care and emotional support to women experiencing domestic violence.
- Family Services of the North Shore (FSNS)- Caring calls to clients (seniors, individuals & families).
Client fee individuals:$150.00 per 60 minute session / $180.00 per 75 minute session
Client fee couples/families:$175.00 per 60 minute session / $200.00 per 75 minute session