Areas of practice
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.fleurtherapy.com/
Accepting new virtual clients!
Are you feeling anxious, experiencing low mood, or struggling with transitions, parenting, or relationships?
My name is Keeley Powers. I am a Registered Social Worker and the founder of Fleur Therapy. I specialize in perinatal mental health, women's mental health, parenting struggles, child and youth counselling, as well as relationship counselling. I work with individuals who feel that anxiety, low mood, depression, or other encompassing symptoms are emotionally limiting them from a sense of fulfillment. I offer a safe space to explore emotions and thoughts, develop coping skills, enhance self-care, and increase supports and improve relationships.
If we work together you can expect to be treated with respect and empowered to explore challenges you may be facing. My holistic practice is person-centered and trauma-informed and I work with people from all populations.
It may be that you are looking to start therapy but are unsure of where to start. To assist in making therapy more accessible I offer a complementary phone consult for any questions. During our first sessions we will work together to establish your goals and the most suitable approach. Check out my website for more details about me and my treatment areas.
A little about me:
I have practiced in the human service sector for fifteen years and have operated in the counselling field since 2015. I completed my Bachelor of Social Work from the University of Victoria and my Masters of Social Work from Dalhousie University.
My professional experience includes collaborative practice with children, adolescents, families, parents, and new or expectant mothers who are looking for a positive change to increase their well-being. Prior to private practice my previous roles have included work as a family preservation counsellor with new mothers and parents, family therapy, child and youth therapy, and intake clinician for addictions. In these positions I provided therapy, counselling, coaching, and support. I worked with individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, post-traumatic stress, postpartum mental health, and substance use. I also have extensive involvement in additional settings including women and family shelters, schools, and child welfare. My experience also encompasses marginalized groups including lgbtq2s+, indigenous populations, individuals with HIV, and people with disabilities.
- Perinatal: Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Certificate (Postpartum Support International); IPT - Perinatal Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT Institute); Breastfeeding Course for Health Providers (Douglas College)
- Work with individuals: ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Wilfrid Laurier University); Brief Single Session Therapy (Wilfrid Laurier University); Coaching (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Trauma: Trauma-informed CBT (Beck institute); Complex Trauma Training
- Couples: Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (University of Guelph); Gottman Level 1 (In progress)
- Indigenous Cultural Training
Client fee individuals:145
Client fee couples/families:175