Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Family Conflict
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Sexual Assault
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Family Systems
- Motivational Interviewing
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://openheart-counselling.ca/
Take the first step towards healing.
At Open Heart we acknowledge that our work takes place on the traditional and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for this land and we look forward to building compassionate community together.
The idea of having an open heart is to let love and feelings flow in and out of our hearts without judgment. Whatever you are feeling is OK. Whatever you are going through, you don’t have to do it alone.
My practice is rooted in the desire to support, empower, and educate clients. I believe my clients are capable and resilient, and that together we can develop skills to create change. I am passionate and vocal about issues of social justice and I use anti-oppressive, feminist and multicultural approaches in my work. Counselling is an essential part of wellness. Our work together will help you feel grounded.
- Master of Counselling
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Harm Reduction Training
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (Level 1)
- Mental Health First Aid (First Nations)
- ARC Trauma Treatment
- Plan B Challenging Behaviours
- Building Resilience
- Occupational Therapy Workshop
- Breathwork and Mindfulness
- Self Harm/Suicide Awareness & Prevention
- Attachment and Parenting Workshop
Client fee individuals:$135
Client fee couples/families:$240