Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- LGBTQ Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self Harming Practices
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Teen Adjustment Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Adolescent Therapy
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relaxation Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.threestoryclinic.com
Kelly is a young and energetic therapist who has a strong passion for working with children and youth. Kelly has worked extensively in clinical, outreach, government and school settings as a therapist for children and adolescents with mental health disorders, addiction, eating disorders and behavioral concerns. Coming from an extensive background of working with high risk youth, Kelly recognizes that some individuals may be nervous about engaging in counselling, may be ambivalent about change, or may already have had a previous negative counselling experience. As such, Kelly ensures to focus first on developing a strong therapeutic alliance, developing the relationship while also encouraging and empowering young people to make positive changes.
Kelly holds a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology degree and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). Kelly has specialized training in providing standard, Trauma, and Eating Disorder focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and utilizing Motivational Interviewing (MI) strategies.
Kelly has extensive training and experience in working with children, adolescents and young adults in the treatment of:
- Body Image Concerns; Disordered Eating
- Substance abuse
- Parent management strategies for child & adolescent behavioral concerns
- Sexuality and Gender Identity
Kelly is also a registered counsellor with the Crime Victims Assistance program (CVAP) . CVAP offers financial assistance to help with some of the costs and services needed to assist in recovering from or coping with the effects of violence/crime. Call victim link to connect with a worker who can assist you with an application for counselling funding.
Fees: (note: Sliding scale fee may be available for some clients, contact Kelly with further questions regarding fee's for service).
- Free 30 minute consultation
- 50 minute session fee: $150
- Some third party payment plans such as Extended Health Care Insurance and Employee/Family Assistance Programs pay partial or total coverage for counselling services. Please follow up with your benefits plan/health care provider.
Contact information for Kelly:
You can contact Kelly directly by phone at 778-888-8515 for a free 30 minute consultation. You are also welcome to contact Kelly through the Three Story Clinic reception by phone (604-563-3093) or email.
- CBT for Trauma
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Client fee individuals:150.00
Client fee couples/families:150.00