- Plaintext email only
- problem sexual behaviours (often called porn addiction or sex addiction)
- distress associated with unusual sexual interests (kinks, fetishes, paraphilias)
- anxiety and fears about relationships or sex
- sexual obsessions and/or compulsions (OCD)
- sexual guilt, shame, and anxiety
- erectile dysfunction
- premature ejaculation
- performance anxiety
- decreased interest in sex (low libido)
- genital pain
- difficulties with desire, arousal, and orgasm
- registered psychologist with the College of Psychologists of BC (#2295)
- sex therapist
- psychologist with the Multidisciplinary Vulvodynia Program (female genital pain)
- faculty at UBC: teach the Psychology of Human Sexuality in the Department of Psychology
- PhD in psychology from the University of British Columbia
- specialized post-doctoral training in sexual problems and disorders at the BC Centre for Sexual Medicine and UBC Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- post-doctoral clinical psychology training at the Vancouver Coastal Health Mood Disorders Centre of Excellence and BC Psychosis Program
- research and academic publications focused on various aspects of sex and sexuality
- member of the Canadian Psychological Association and the Society for Sex Therapy and Research
I understand how problems related to sex and sexuality can have an immense negative impact on your quality of life, including your relationships, your mental health, and the way that you see yourself.
If you have difficulties related to sex and sexuality, you’re not alone. Because problems related to sex and sexuality are often stigmatized and misunderstood, many people suffer in silence for fear of judgment, humiliation, shame, and rejection.
But these types of problems are not insurmountable; in fact, there is extensive research and clinical evidence showing that the right type of help can make things much better.
My job is to work with you to identify and understand the root causes of your sexual and relationship problems, and to help you overcome them.
I'm a clinical psychologist and sex therapist with specialized training in helping people with sexual problems and disorders. Most importantly, my clients tell me that I put them at ease, quickly earn their trust, and make it comfortable to talk about their most intimate problems.
I provide help for the following problems:
Snapshot of my background and training:
Client Fee Individuals:
For further information, visit Jason Winters's website.