Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bullying - School
- Bullying - Workplace
- Caregiver Support
- Chronic Illness
- Compassion Fatigue
- Covid-19 Life Balance
- Covid-19 Loneliness
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Death and Dying
- Grief and Loss - General
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Humanistic Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:jennareedcote.com
Well, hello there! I'm glad you stopped by. Looking into counselling is a brave step (even if it doesn't feel like it) and it's important to me that you get the most out of it. The next step is choosing a counsellor who works for and with you, recognizes your story is unique and is willing to think outside the box to help you create customized tools to navigate what's in front of you.
I can help you understand why you and your body are reacting to what you're going through - or have gone through - or delve deeper into what you already know.
I have extensive experience supporting clients with:
- relationship difficulties
- isolation & loneliness
- domestic abuse
- child protection
- communication issues
- stress management
Working with me, you'll:
- Have someone to provide you a safe, objective perspective - helpful for when it seems there is no one in your life to whom you can tell the whole story
- Have someone who will listen to you to learn which coping tools have worked for you and which haven't, and is ready to brainstorm with you if it's time to create some new ones
- Have someone who will help you communicate what (you now know) you need from those around you - including how to talk about boundaries
- Have someone making sure to take the time so that you understand different concepts at play when it comes to your mental health (and how it might be impacting your body in surprising ways)
- Have someone you won’t hesitate being honest with about what is not working, and know I will come back to the drawing board with you
- Have someone who isn't afraid to ask (v.s. assume) what you are looking for from me (e.g., Do you need to vent today? Do you need a sounding board today? Do you need to be challenged today?)
- Have someone who will be honest if I'm not the best person to work with you for a specific issue and will work to get you in touch with the right person so you get the right support you need
I've also developed a structured counselling approach for parents & family of a child with a chronic health diagnosis.
Although every family will have a different experience navigating their child's chronic health condition diagnosis, there are common phases and milestones I can support your family through.
I have created a structured counselling approach guided by common phases that come with raising a child with a chronic health condition. We can work together on navigating the first year—and beyond—with your child’s diagnosis and wellbeing.
The number of sessions (60 mins/per session) you feel you need to work on/through these phases will be up to you and different for each family. Ultimately what matters is the work we do together to figure out what works for you and what doesn’t.
Client fee individuals:$135/hr